What's new

Adding cheats

Jimbot

PJ64k Support Team
Howdy. How exactly do you add a cheat in pj64? Do I have to open some sort of file, b/c in beta it was right on the cheat menu? Yes, I know, stupid question, stop wasting your time. Please?

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Well first there is a Docs\Cheat Codes folder that comes with the package that gives you the correct Links and even a cheatsfaq.txt with further links and information.

This being just one of those questions answered there.

So for now i would suggest you clicking on the PJ64 Cheats Icon in my Signiture below and have a good look around the site :)

Talas

Son of the Sky
I also dont really understand how to add those cheats. And the PJ64cheats Site is down. Are there any alternatives?

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
yep here is the offline Cheats help
and sorry about the site being down, i will try to find out why.

Sixdd

I went through the FAQ a dozen times and for some reason when I add cheats through the GUI they aren't added.:cry:

OP
Jimbot

Jimbot

PJ64k Support Team
throught my time here, iv'e adding cheats, and figured it out. The only reason i saw this actually was becaus it came up that someone replied. You have to make sure you add it to the correct game in the correct section of the file. There are multiples of the same game in the folder, just diff types for example (E) and (U) have different cheat lists. Also, when copying the cheat, you need to make surte that youi didn't copy the number too.
For example,

Cheat 42 Blah Blah Blah
Cheat 43 Blah Blah Blah
Cheat 44 Blah Blah Blah
Cheat 44 Blah Blah Blah

You need to make sure that when you entedered it, you just didnt replace the good meaty stuff, but the number as well