What's new

UltraHLE 2064 works on GNU/Linux

MxCl

I got it working perfectly at high frame rate with sound and all under winex 3 on SuSE Linux 8.1

It was remarkably easy to do as well. Just thought you'd be interested.

Thanks for the great emulator, and I look forward to the Zelda bug being fixed!

Slougi

MxCl said:
I got it working perfectly at high frame rate with sound and all under winex 3 on SuSE Linux 8.1

It was remarkably easy to do as well. Just thought you'd be interested.

Thanks for the great emulator, and I look forward to the Zelda bug being fixed!
Any special settings?

OP
M

MxCl

Some further details and a screenshot..

Hi, I've taken a screenshot, it's attached.

With regard to any strange settings, it's a plain install of winex3 (http://www.transgaming.com/), in case you don't know about winex I'll explain. Winex is an implementation of wine, which is the windows emulator for unix derived systems (including GNU/Linux), winex costs $5 a month in subscription costs to fund its development (they claim it will be free when development is complete..). Winex is a more thorough implementation of wine's DirectX set.

I played the rom with Video set to OpenGL and the internal sound driver. Because I chose OpenGL I expect that 2064 would work fine with wine as well as winex.

On my Althon XP 1800+ with a NVidia 440 MX I get smooth play and no sound skipping - so I'm best pleased :)

You can set wine to allow fullscreen mode if you please. I haven't risked it yet..

If I get round do it I'll compare the performance in Windows. Many thanks for the excellent emulator and I'll happily answer more questions if you post to this thread..

Dark Stalker

I'm running 1964 perfectly on the newest regular wine release. Any OpenGL plugin seems to work flawlessly (currently using glNintendo64). Also I'm using azimer 0,4 for sound.