What's new

can i make project64 work better on my computer?

super-dave

i have a

P2 350mhz
192mb ram
32mb gigabyte GA-660 TnT2 video
and am running xp

i know the processor is slow but is there a way to have the sound and video to go above 23fps i have disables all the advanced video settings but to no avail

i am just wondering if it is possaible.. or there is an emulator that will suit my computer better?

super-dave

Clements

Its a shame as the rest of your specs are good enough! Try 1964- its faster than PJ64, and use Jabos D3D6 1.5 Video Plugin in it. Any driver updates as usual help.

Downside is that the compatability of 1964 is lower and it is less stable.

OP
S

super-dave

thanks heaps im running them on 60fps now (with no sound to save CPU) i can finally finish what i started

zelda :n64: :happy: :n64:

scotty

The Great One
Martin said:
Yes, Jabo's plugins are only distributed through PJ64. :)
Of course, that is a special request by Jabo, to make sure his stuff is only through his emulator. I just wish that Jabo would have continued with his work on his emulator because it was great, but well cant blame the guy for stopping either.

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
Glide64 is by far the best plugin for an Ati Rage 128-based card. I know, I have one.

The second best would be Jabo's *1.4* with validate blending on, if the game (I can't think of any offhand) doesn't need validate blending, then use 1.5, as it has working framebuffer emulation without the performance hit. A third one that is working great (better than Jabo's, actually) is the new TR64 Opengl. Just make sure you set your desktop resolution to 16-bit, or fullscreen won't work.

eVoodoo causes some issues with Glide64, unfortunately :(
Play with the "alternate fast Z-Buffer" setting, it needs to be on or off depending on the game. Sometimes both :(
For example, in Zelda:
with alternate Z-Buffer on: distant polygons appear chopped (happens with most games)
with it off: paths and close-up 2d textures appear chopped.

I keep it off. Note that the first problem (distant stuff appearing chopped) happens even with it off if you load a savestate, and this can be remedied by restarting eVoodoo by going out then back in to fullscreen.

Also, things break. The lens of truth doesn't work in Majora's Mask (although it works in OoT,) even though it works fine with Glide64.

All of these problems are known by the eVoodoo author, so hopefully they will be fixed in the next version.

Hope this helps.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
scotty said:
Of course, that is a special request by Jabo, to make sure his stuff is only through his emulator. I just wish that Jabo would have continued with his work on his emulator because it was great, but well cant blame the guy for stopping either.
Zilmar seems to bite the ground lately :plain:
Don't forget him! He worked on it as much as jabo did!