What's new

new site about INI File for 1964 :)

NooTe

Hi all,

I near finish the beta1 of my site about 1964 Files INI regroupement :)
I search about some (not a lot and serious) helpers (DSF, Dario ?) for fill current database...

NooTe

schibo

Emulator Developer
It's very cool NooTe! I have to send ya a new beta in a couple days, there is a new addition to the ini. It is the option for a 32bit core.

schibo

OP
N

NooTe

Argh...
I'm not finish to test 0.7.1 with JaboD3D7 1.4 :)
Most (70%) of 'Almost Playable' because heavy gfx errors are now Playable with light gfx error...

Eddy

I Run This
Hey schibo, what are we supposed to look for? the 32bit core is faster? more reliable? what is it exactly ? And Schibo is it possible to add a column/divider on the ROM Broswer for CRC1 and CRC2 ?

schibo

Emulator Developer
hey Eddy,

32bit core option is for more speed only. It will compile everything as 32bit instead of using any 64bit logic. The problem is that flashram and sram accesses appear to be 64bit, so i will need to patch this (only when the 32bit core option is selected)

I don't think CRC belongs in the Rom Browser since I suspect it is meaningless to about 99% of the users. You can see it in Game Settings window though

schibo

Eddy

I Run This
Well i agree, that was kind of stupid :D ok so all games that can run on 32bit, have it enabled? btw paper mario doesnt work on 32bit core, i think its the flashram issue you just talked about. Will it be ready in the next beta? And my last question, 1964's ini is kind of famous for always getting saves wrong, the most common save type used by all games is what ? because having 5 saves of 1 games isnt the best choice (the default save setting)

Eddy

I Run This
hey rice, i get the error in paper mario "need to compile daddu" while running on the 32 bit core, hey NooTe, how many heads are working on the INI for 1964 you are doing ? i would like to help if its not that overcrowded.

schibo

Emulator Developer
hehe you really should mention that to me, since i'm working on the 32bit core and general core speed...anyway, the new beta will not have this problem, but to use 32bit core you need F5 and F7 instead of the normal saves due to 64bit flashram accesses.

zizmaz

I scrolled thru your compatibility page and saw that twisted edge extreme snowboarding isnt supported!
But I know I played this game yesterday with 1964 0.7.1!
Dont know my settings now cause iam at work, but i tell you when iam at home.

OP
N

NooTe

to zizmaz

Well, remember it can exist several 'version' of rom for a game... you can have one for which 1964 is able to run... i can have one which 1964 cannot run... but you're probably right for the setting : i'm developping my site and i haven't lot of time for test actually :)

Rice

Emulator Developer
zizmaz said:
I scrolled thru your compatibility page and saw that twisted edge extreme snowboarding isnt supported!
But I know I played this game yesterday with 1964 0.7.1!
Dont know my settings now cause iam at work, but i tell you when iam at home.

I remember this game need to use dummy audio plugin.

OP
N

NooTe

Rice said:

I remember this game need to use dummy audio plugin.

Hum, it's maybe why I checked it as non playable...
I notice some games need to have snd plugin as azimer (turok series) and they don't work with NoSound plugin... some like 'New Bettle Adventure' are very instable with Azimer plug (but they're work without problem with NoAudio plugin).

crhylove

Banned
Noote's ini website.

I think there should be a sticky link discussing this topic. and a link to the actual site. This way more people will give feedback.

rhy

crhylove

Banned
noote's ini site cont.

i was talking about:

http://noote.consolemul.com/

this site would be rad if users could edit ini settings per game, maybe setup a low req/high req setting for each game, etc.

a small script and a big xml file should do it.

maybe a script that recieved uploaded ini's, and changed the overall ini settings based on an average. that would be pretty fancy, and automate a huge chunk of the ini writing process.

rhy

OP
N

NooTe

Re: noote's ini site cont.

crhylove said:
i was talking about:

http://noote.consolemul.com/

this site would be rad if users could edit ini settings per game, maybe setup a low req/high req setting for each game, etc.

a small script and a big xml file should do it.

maybe a script that recieved uploaded ini's, and changed the overall ini settings based on an average. that would be pretty fancy, and automate a huge chunk of the ini writing process.

rhy

First effectively latest version is support is 1964 0.7.1 because i don't notice a big difference in compatiblity list with latest version but I'm working now in offical 0.7.3 and beta 0.7.4... so near 350 roms to test is an heavy work :) (and find bugs in my site and some others personnal things or emulation related)

Only users with password and some rights in my database can add/modify... if you want to be added in my database, just prove me your serious (send me a INI file, check attached document for format limitation, I will incorport it)

crhylove

Banned
ok, will do.

here's what i'm going to do...

work on a "low end ini" that will work and be descriptive on low end machines. i think this is an important area that the current n64 emu community doesn't focus on too much (cuz it ain't as much fun, i guess). Many roms work very well, however in 1964 even on a low spec p2/k62 machine with a crappy gfx card. especially with the 32 bit core and all. i only have .7.3, as i'm not a beta tester for 1964, and not many roms, (but this is increasing daily), so i think it will be a helpful effort. i'll send u the ini when i'm done, maybe u can just put it on your site as is with it's own seperate "low spec" title.

let me know what you think.

btw, in order to speed emulation, i'm not gonna use sound at all.
this is low end, remember....

rhy:devil:

OP
N

NooTe

Re: ok, will do.

crhylove said:
here's what i'm going to do...

work on a "low end ini" that will work and be descriptive on low end machines. i think this is an important area that the current n64 emu community doesn't focus on too much (cuz it ain't as much fun, i guess). Many roms work very well, however in 1964 even on a low spec p2/k62 machine with a crappy gfx card. especially with the 32 bit core and all. i only have .7.3, as i'm not a beta tester for 1964, and not many roms, (but this is increasing daily), so i think it will be a helpful effort. i'll send u the ini when i'm done, maybe u can just put it on your site as is with it's own seperate "low spec" title.

let me know what you think.

btw, in order to speed emulation, i'm not gonna use sound at all.
this is low end, remember....

rhy:devil:

So use use NoSound plugin, isn't it ?
You must known, this plugin have a small problem and some games won't work with it :(
It's what I have called 'audio loop' in my setting... Now I prefere to use Azimer 3.0 (Old Driver 2.2). Low requierement, good compatibility and have sound. Only one problem I found with Bettle Advanture Racing related this plugin (not fixed in unsupported 4.0 beta), few second after start a run... sound become crappy and you simply return to begin of the course !

You can send me you ini I will add it on my site :)

Last edited: