What's new

PJ64 Runs Faster w/o Sound... THIS BYTES!

iLuke2ooo

Techno Goomba
WTH Gives? i mean i get like up to 100fps on some games w/o sound! But with the sound i only get like 10 to 20fps... this totaly bytes big time... ive tryied every PJ64 audio plugin and not a damn thing changes, its all the same. I even updated my sound drive thinking that would help... but nope. it didnt.

NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS / GeForce2 Pro (newest driver)
Creative SB Live! (newest driver)

OP
iLuke2ooo

iLuke2ooo

Techno Goomba
Uhhhh.... i was hoping someone could help me out with maybe an idea on what to do, cuz honestly playing a game without sound is like useing a computer with out a keyboard, just doesnt happen.
:homestar: Hellz ya Homestar running is the bizest... LoL gheto talk... im just bored now. LoL sorry

Hoffy

audio pluginz

Yip iv just noticed the same thing with my emu.....
seems the plugins for audio might not be that great for us...
But.......my bro has a p4 1.4 & his audio pluginz seem to work fine for him.......
I have a lowley duron 1.3 myself...upgrading to a amd xp 2.2 soon tho :p.......that might fix it

Raziel64

Glide64 beta tester
Maybe you might try with the UltraHle audio plugin (included in the UltraHle2064 zip). Set "send audio..." in RSP Configuration.
:D

OP
iLuke2ooo

iLuke2ooo

Techno Goomba
To Lex:
I really dont know what kind or processor i have in this hunk o junk anymore... :unsure: LoL this thing orginal:

Windows 98
Hewlett Packard Pavilion
Celron Processer
ATI Rage
Some sound card...

Then my borther said my Motherboard fried, but i think he fired it by actident screwing with it when i wasnt home.:angry: So he gave me his Motherboard cuz he was getting a new one. and now its:

Windows ME
Gateway 2000
NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS / GeForce2 Pro
Creative SB Live!
Dont know if my brother change the processer or not.

To Hoffy:
p4 1.4? lowley duron 1.3? amd xp 2.2? What the heck are you talking about? :stupid: LoL im sorta new to the whole Emu bit, i mean i used to like Snes9x, and that was it... and finally got a 64 Emu and games, so some of this is like greek to me... but im learning fast... :satisfied

To Raziel64:
You know where i can get the UltraHle2064 zip?

ra5555

N64 Newbie
iLuke2ooo said:
To Lex:
I really dont know what kind or processor i have in this hunk o junk anymore... :unsure: LoL this thing orginal:

Windows 98
Hewlett Packard Pavilion
Celron Processer
ATI Rage
Some sound card...

Then my borther said my Motherboard fried, but i think he fired it by actident screwing with it when i wasnt home.:angry: So he gave me his Motherboard cuz he was getting a new one. and now its:

Windows ME
Gateway 2000
Creative SB Live!
Dont know if my brother change the processer or not.

To Hoffy:
p4 1.4? lowley duron 1.3? amd xp 2.2? What the heck are you talking about? :stupid: LoL im sorta new to the whole Emu bit, i mean i used to like Snes9x, and that was it... and finally got a 64 Emu and games, so some of this is like greek to me... but im learning fast... :satisfied

To Raziel64:
You know where i can get the UltraHle2064 zip?

P4 1.4 mean 1.4Ghz Pentium 4 :)

Well would you please tell us how fast (in mhz or ghz) is your celeron?

To run most game smoothly with sound, I would look at at least 1.1Ghz for the Celeron ^^

Hoffy

Wel wot i ment was.....
My brother has a pentium4 1.4Ghz and can run the emulator fine<p64>
I my self have an AMD Duron 1.3Ghz and cant seem to run it as good as my brothers higher Cpu.

Im gonna upgrade my Cpu soon to a AMDXp 2.2Ghz
perhaps the emu wil run much better!

Sorry that im scottish & u cant Understand me :D

Clements

I f you are using Jabo's DirectSound, this is more processor intensive as the RCP plugin is also emulated. Use a HLE sound plugin like Azimers or UltraHLE as suggested, from the downloads section at the bottom of the main page.

Jabos plugin does have higher quality sound over the HLE based plugins, so only if your comp is fast (Well over 1GHz), I strongly recommend this in that instance.

OP
iLuke2ooo

iLuke2ooo

Techno Goomba
Well everyone... i feel sorta imbarrest to say this LMAO... but the Celeron Processer is only 400MHz LMAO... boy do i feel like the liile kid trying to play with the Big Boys LoL.:p Well if it helps any, i have everything on a 40Gig HD LOL Aight here was a list of everything b4 all them darn changes in its life LoL

96MB SDRAM memory
Intel 400MHz Celeron Processor
8MB ATI Rage Pro Turbo
Premium Polk Audio
12.7GB ultra DMA hard drive
40GB Enhanced IDE hard drive

Then the shit with my brother... And the only things that i defently know that changed are:

Creative SB Live!
And the OS

I realy dont know if the processor is diff. but i doubt it, i mean i dont know about the insides of comps too much. but if thats not attached to the motherboard, i mean if the motherboard fries and the processor wouldnt (cuz its not attached) then i think i still got the Celeron. :doh: Is there anyway to find out for sure?? Also out of all the games i run with the Emu Ridge Racer 64 is Perfect, with sound and all the graphic options on for the max detail. With the Jado plugins.

Ahhhh this crap is confusing LoL But its fun, and thx for help guys:D

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
I'm sad to say but your video card is far from ok for n64 emulation. You will need a 16 mb card at worst and 32 mb is ok. 64 is recommended. Anyway, with those specs, i hardly think you'll be able to play with sound.

I suggest you get 1964 and play w/o sound to play your favorite games. And at least try to upgrade your video card :doh:

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Hoffy, your processor should be fast enough

I suggest you check the counter factor setting if the audio
stutters often. Try different counter settings to see which
one is best for the game you are playing.

Trotterwatch

I'm sad to say but your video card is far from ok for n64 emulation. You will need a 16 mb card at worst and 32 mb is ok

Doom, if you are not going to read the posts properly then don't bother replying!

Back on topic.....

Your videocard is fine, seeing as you now have a Geforce 2;

then i think i still got the Celeron. Is there anyway to find out for sure??

Ways to find out your processor speed include, pressing Windows Key and Pause/Break together to bring up the system properties, or you can go to:

Start>Run and type Dxdiag and press enter, now look for the processor information on that page.

Last edited:
OP
iLuke2ooo

iLuke2ooo

Techno Goomba
:blink: Woah... That did the trick. Thx Trotterwatch! Welp it says i have this:

AMD Athlon Processor, MMX, 3DNow, ~740Mhz

So whats the MMX and 3DNow stuff? And i take it that its still not good enough for 64Emulation... right?:cry:

Slougi

iLuke2ooo said:
:blink: Woah... That did the trick. Thx Trotterwatch! Welp it says i have this:

AMD Athlon Processor, MMX, 3DNow, ~740Mhz

So whats the MMX and 3DNow stuff? And i take it that its still not good enough for 64Emulation... right?:cry:
It is a little slow, but most games should run fine :)

Also in dxdiag could you check how much ram (memory) you have?