What's new

Farewell Jabo and zilmar... azi wvu always

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Just just wanted to take this time to thank zilmar and Jabo from the bottom of my heart. We've become great friends and we will remain great friends I am sure. It's been 2 years since I've met zilmar, and almost 3 since I've met Jabo. You can say I am a tadbit attached to you guys and this is a bittersweet departure. You guys are finally getting away from this emulation stuff. That is admirable. To finally say a project is over with is one thing I haven't been able to to yet. I am sure we will keep in touch. I also wanted to thank Smiff. Why? Although I don't know him... and I went from hating him, to putting up with him, to ignoring him, to just not caring... I do know he was great tool for Jabo and zilmar to find bugs and get some suggestions. It takes a lot of time to do something like that, and I applaud you for it. Glad I managed to put my differences aside months ago Smiff. :) We don't mind you're a drug dealer. Really. (oops... let the cat out of the bag). This is basically my first and last post about Project 64 since the boards were redone and how it stands now. I encourage others to put their thoughts down here as well. Enjoy your newfound free time guys. :)

aprentice

I remember talking to zilmar back when pj64 was unannounced. I remember telling him he should code a n64 emu cause he knew so much about it. He said that he might code one when the n64 is dead. little did I know he was already dev'ing on one. He dropped so many hints everytime i talked to him but I havent picked up a single one :cry: . When pj64 got released to the public i was like, I KNEW he was up to something. Since people arent robots, they cant keep working on the same thing forever, so here is the end of pj64. I'm proud to have been around during the emus duration. Christmas, what a day to end a project :colgate: Congrats to zilmar and jabo on their work on pj64, its made alot of people happy. Thank you for your good conversations on irc zilmar, even though I didnt understand you all the time, I wish you luck in the future. Dont forget to visit us on irc every once in awhile, CYA! :xmas: :p

Duncan

N64 Addict
I personally wanted to say good luck to Zilmar and Jabo with whatever they choose to do next in their lives, and cant thank them enough for their influence/contribution to the N64 emu scene, and their endless hours of work and coding to bring us one of the very best N64 emus to date :( Thanks guys, theres alot of us out here that more than appreciate the emu and efforts to develop it, god bless you both :)

CLSugarman

i would like to say thanx to zilmar, jabo, and smiff for their dedication to the project. i've learned a lot programming in C, video cards, and the n64 because of pj64 (also the crappy drivers that 3dfx put out). i would just like to say that the group will never be forgotten and this emulator is the best emulator i've ever seen (starting back to zsnes 0.36*). i hope the best for everyone. best wishes

Jabo

Emulator Developer
Thanks Azimer, and everyone else. We all have fond memories of the early days of Project64 up until today, they are things you just can't forget. The encouragement I've received from our own project, and other projects has been great, I wish you all the best of luck in the future. While I can't say what the future of the pj is exactly or that of my own, I hope everyone enjoys the emulator as I'm sure it will bring lots of enjoyment to many people.

Last edited:

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
Well, All good things Come to an End.... and PJ64 was the Greatist thing in the world for me, From my days using Nemu, froms the Weeks enjoying My Favorite N64 Games on Project 64. Just remember this, "No matter if you are an N64 coder or just a normal person, The only thing that matters, are the memories we had..." Good Luck Jabo, zilmar...
- CpU MasteR

gokuss4

Meh...
man you guys are the best. You guys are just GREAT GENIUSES!!! This is proof that any emulation is possible :). pj64 turned out to be a great success im glad you are gonna live out your lives and give up emulation. you guys from the bottom of my heart did a great job *sobs* i hope you will still visit this message board and still talk with us and maybe even chat on mIRC. I hope you guys will be great in the real lives. You guys are just the greatest. well i'll se you later *sobs* :cry: i hope you guys will be good and good luck in your lives and let PROJECT 64 LIVE ON! forever... and from our hearts and i think i speak for everyone thank you... so much. Like I always say, but never mentioned it on the message board, do whats best for you and your life whatever it takes ;) i congratulate you for all your hard work you guys thank you :)

:pj64: :pj64: :pj64: :pj64: :pj64: :pj64:

BigFishmonger

Alas ...

Farewell Project 64 team ....

I hope my donations went to good use.

Thankyou for the source code, I hope that the project lives on, some of us may continue to contribute to the cause.

Your emulator will become much more memorable than UltraHLE

:pj64:

dillyalex

Its really sad to see you go
but like you said all good things must come to an end

i hope everything works out ok for u guys
project64 will live on in the hearts of many ppl
well that's about all....

???

bye guys
:pj64: :pj64: :pj64:

emuxhaven

I would just like to personally thank the authors for their great work, Project64 is really the best in the N64 Emu Scene and you guys brought back the N64 scene alive!
Project64 , in my opinion, has inspired all the other authors to continue with their great work and now we see many other great emulators show up and even though this emulator will not be updated we will never forget it and it shall always be to us One of the BEST Emulator for N64! Sure the emulator is gone but the memory of it isnt and will never be!!
To all of us you have been an inspritation and I just like to wish zilmar and JAbo the best of luck in the future! I hope that you guys dont dissapear but continue to come and just drop by and say hi.

From all of us at Emu X HAven Merry Christmas!!! And a Happy New YEAR!!

Zero

Liar Liar Pants On Fire!
What can I say about Jabo and Zilmar , I myself never knew them personally but I know Project64 is really the best in the N64 Emu Scene and you guys brought back the N64 scene alive! Project64 has inspired all the other authors to continue with their great work and now we see many other great emulators show up and even though this emulator will not be updated we will never forget it and it shall always be to us as the BEST Emulator for N64! Sure the emulator is gone but the memory of it isn't and will never be!! Its really sad to see you go but like you said all good things must come to an end.

:pj64: :pj64: :pj64: :pj64: :pj64: The legend will never die !!!

Renegade

Wearer of Army Boots
The N64 Emulation scene in brief...

UltraHLE laid the tiles.
Nemu made a firm, quick-hardening cement.
And PJ64 took a big step.

Batmanx

Jabo said:
Thanks Azimer, and everyone else. We all have fond memories of the early days of Project64 up until today, they are things you just can't forget. The encouragement I've received from our own project, and other projects has been great, I wish you all the best of luck in the future. While I can't say what the future of the pj is exactly or that of my own, I hope everyone enjoys the emulator as I'm sure it will bring lots of enjoyment to many people.
Many many thanks to the incredible pj64 team, Jabo, Zilmar, Nrage and other people that have worked on.....thank you so much!:pj64:

sk8bloke22

roll for life
i can now say that pj64 actually kicks uhle in the face, slaps it around the head with a trout, and just keeps bashing it on the floor as it lies in a crippled state. the gfx quality in even shit games looks good. ive already posted a long post to u guys, just asking if u wanna be some top programmer and u show pj64 as an example of ur work (to job interviewer or wateva), would that impress the interviewer, or would they think of it as pirating an n64...interesting thought, as im sure u guys would use ur project as an example of ur work...anyways good luck again.

N-Rage

Hate to see u guys go...
I hope u have as great success as with PJ64 in ur future hobby, work... whatever u gonna do. U started a big thing here ;) and it will keep rolling for quite some time. Good things come to an end, but they`ll be remembered.

I wish u the best in ur live and hope u will still show up a few times in the forums/IRC.

StonedConker

Same wishes from me too not only for the amazing emulator you've got and i've spend a lot of my time but for holding the emulation scene in a high level.i think it's the most important not argue with other authors and fans from other emus.Everyone who cares and respect emulation will be always grateful.I wish nice coding in the future and ofcourse i mean coding the "real life" :)

Eliminator

The Eliminator
hey good luck guys

Good luck guys! Project 64 1.4 is amazing! You should be proud of it and all people that worked on it should be proud of it. L8rz! Happy new year! :D

:pj64: