What's new

Lik-Sang N64 Adapter Drivers wont work

timecode

Hello !

Despite the board search i still have a problem with this crazy BOOM n64 adapter. im using windows 2k and just cant get these drivers to work! windows is using the standart drivers which are located in the input.inf, but these just mess around with the controller. when i manually try to select the monster.inf, windows just ignores it. please help me, i want to use the best gamepad ever built : the n64 controller !!!!

thanks in advance

timecode

ps: please excuse any grammatical mistakes, im from germany... :)

Slougi

timecode said:
ps: please excuse any grammatical mistakes, im from germany... :)
Haw, no problem, if you find a single person here who types 100% I would be really surprised =) (and your english is good!)

That said, I cannot help you :( There are some people here who own one of those BOOM adapters, hopefully someone will reply :)

Allnatural

Windows 2000 recognizes it as a standard HID, so the drivers on the floppy are absolutely unneccesary. How exactly has Windows "messed" with the controller?

OP
T

timecode

The Windows drivers screw the whole thing up. For example, when I go to the Calibration menu [The one in the Control Panel folder], all the buttons are blinking and flashing like someone pushes all of them. When I start Project64 and load Zelda [I just want to play this game], its seems like all of the buttons on the controller are being constantly pushed and the InGame menu [where u equip ur stuff etc] is opened and closed all the time. This way its TOTALLY impossible to use the controller.

What can I do ? Please share your wisdom :D

Thanks

timecode

Allnatural

I doubt a new driver is going to fix the problem, it sounds like a hardware issue. Either the adapter is defective, or it doesn't like your particular controller. I've seen cases where otherwise functional gamepads would display quirks similar to what you describe when used with the Boom adapter. Try other controllers if you have some available, including PSX.

As a reference, I have a pair of Boom adapters and they both work perfectly, with the default win2k drivers.

OP
T

timecode

So You think its the controller ? I can borrow one from my friend. I will try it and see what happens. If nothing changes, it has to be the adapter. Maybe I can get another one from the ebay-guy I got this one from.

Thanks so much for your quick answers!

good nite! :)

timecode