What's new

jabos 1.4 is publically available now.

sk8bloke22

roll for life
this should be good. lets hope 1964 compatability is gonna rise, im sure it will. hav fun everyone and merry christmas.

OP
sk8bloke22

sk8bloke22

roll for life
well as its a bit quiet here due to hte forums going crazy with ppl downloading the new pj64, ill give some good news on how much 1964 has been improved. basically loads and loads of new games work. very few are broken (turok 1 and mystical ninja 2, thats it on my list of games). also in a werid twist of fate, sound in practically all games has been fixed, no more crackling, or more realisitcally nowhere near as much. REV2.2 works much bettter (pretty good with perfect dark). still games with mp3 audio like conkers and perfect dark suffer from bad speech, but still hav good sound quality. other than that, alls good. and i must say that 1964 really is a good emu. so much runs better than pj64 (although pj64 is still kinda the daddy), even to minute detail, games like fifa 99 look amazing and are actually playable (used to suffer from missing frames prob). well done guys. and well done jabo and zilmar.

Eliminator

The Eliminator
I kinda prefer using Project 64 for perfect dark...seems to run smoother. Do u use pj64 or 1964 for perfect dark?

OP
sk8bloke22

sk8bloke22

roll for life
kinda use both. runs better on 1964, but, sound is nicer on pj64.

perfect dark goes horrible on anything above CF2, infact CF1 gives the best results, but still isnt fast enuff. still much more playable than on pj64 (although i can understand why it would seem smoother if u hav the right system). the CFs on pj64, dont seem to work very well.

hellknight

Banned
someone can explain me how to start it there is new agent than name than name.I press ok,and now there stands:delete file or cancel any help?

hellknight

Banned
ok the menu there is new agent right?ok then you must enter the name you can follow me?Ok,I press ok and then there stands "delete file" or "cancle" ok?can follow me?

Rice

Emulator Developer
you have the third option - the agent name which you have just entered, choose it and you can start your game.

b-boy_fuj

You have to enable mempak in your input plugin. If u are using rage's 1.61 plugin make sure u uncheck 'raw data'.

jc34

I tried both 1964 and PJ64 for perfect dark
and with alittle work got both EMU's running it good

I prefer 1964 over PJ64 for Perfect dark

it runs smoother and faster with alot less sound hickup too
the one thing like someone else said is some of the speech sounds funky in 1964 with PD game.

I also found that using the save state works better than trying to save in the game itself

with PJ64 being stopped and jabo's graphics plugin also stopped
I think 1964's biggest thing to be done is get thier video plugin working better and maybe alittle work on the sound plugin too

The sound plugin v2.2 works pretty good but it has a strasnge noise its very low you can barely hear it but when things are quiet
you hear it in the background..it may be my dads system I am using he has a live 5.1 snd card and of coarse the slight speech problem in PD which someone else said it was because of MP3 playback or something.

laters

crhylove

Banned
1.4 thoughts...

This is why i *really* hoped jabo would release plugin source. totally up to him of course, but i mean, the biggest drawbacks in the emu community (bottlenecks is maybe a better term) are the plugins, of course they are an inordinate amount of work, and total property of the authors, but a really good open source gfx plugin and audio plugin would probably help the community reach it's 99% compat much sooner than the almost maniacal improvements that are constantly being made in core emulation.

rice and schibo u guys rule. 1964 is so fast and solid now. any crash i get i can almost garuntee is *my* stupid computer setup.

there is still an issue though in switching out of fullscreen mode sometimes. it's random so i can't get much more specific. it might be plugin related, but i'm not sure. basically about every 10th time i switch from full screen to little window it crashes 1964.. also.. if i quit roms in full screen it will just give me a black screen.. that happens about 1/2 the time. might be my crappy box, but maybe not.

what we need is contrasf to release an open source zilmar spec gfx plugin... well, just a bit of wishful thinking from me.

happy new year, and congrats to the whole n64 emu scene!

rhy

here's MY free labor of love:
http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/194/communizt_vagina.html
enjoy!

crhylove

Banned
awesome....

.... u guyz are bad ass. How does the new tr64 plugin work in 1964? i can't seem to find it, even though news on emutendo said it was out....

rhy:devil: