What's new

Azimer's or Jabo's?

For Project64: Azimer's Audio HLE or Jabo's DirectSound 1.5?

• Azimer's Audio HLE

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Jabo's DirectSound

Votes: 11 52.4%

• Total voters

Muka3D

Metroid Prime
I was having difficulty deciding which sound plugin I should use for PJ64, Azimer's 0.30 or Jabo's 1.5? What do you use?
:pj64:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Well, try! If jabo's audio plugin slows down too much, then use azimer's. Personally, I prefer jabo's.

scotty

The Great One
They both work well, if you are using PJ64 it works best, Azimers delivers the quality sound on PJ64, but Jabo's directsound plugin keeps PJ64 stable, after all it is the defalut plugin.
Azimers plugin is still better The .40 Beta 2 version works best. His new LLE .50 Beta 2, which just recently came out is better qualitywise, but isnt that compatible with as many games as the .40 beta 2 version

OP
Muka3D

Muka3D

Metroid Prime
Allright, I used to use Jabo's for a long time, then I heard lots about Azimer's. I haven't noticed too much of a speed or quality difference, but I'll stick to Azimer's for a while, just to test it out. Where do I get his new plugins? I checked his website for apollo, and it's just old stuff. Zophar seems to have oldies too. Any ideas?

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Azimers, mainly because I prefer 1964 and can't use Jabos with it. that and its faster :happy:

scotty

The Great One
Muka3D said:
Allright, I used to use Jabo's for a long time, then I heard lots about Azimer's. I haven't noticed too much of a speed or quality difference, but I'll stick to Azimer's for a while, just to test it out. Where do I get his new plugins? I checked his website for apollo, and it's just old stuff. Zophar seems to have oldies too. Any ideas?
I wonder why Sam Michaels (Owner of Zophars Domain) hasnt really kept his site up to date, he used to have it up to date, now all I see iis old stuff. As I see it, if the authors of the plugins are here releasing the new plugins then this is the place to be. I love testing out new plugins made by the authors