What's new

FF7 Game Editor for the PSX

OP
Cyberman

Cyberman

Chrono Cross!

That's Right SERGE is reading the save states of PSX Chrono Cross saves :)

OP
Cyberman

Cyberman

Chrono Cross

Dang it can't edit attachments (geesh).

here is the next image :)

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Re: Chrono Cross

Cyberman said:
Dang it can't edit attachments (geesh).

here is the next image :)
You can, but you can't add attachment after having posted without adding anything.

OP
Cyberman

Cyberman

jack:
Currently you can only download the Griever FF8 plugin with PSXmemtool. This is the OLD plugin, there are a few things that it doesn't support (namely to do with GF's which is quite complicated).

PSXmemtool may be coming out sometime soon with ... a lot of cool improvements. Simon and I have been working on this for over a year now. Jenova FF7 <thanks Qhimm for the info!> will likely come with it. Chrono Cross is obstinent but making progress a little bit at a time (smirk).

euphoria:
As for who is working on it Simon Mallion (UncleClive) and me.

Doomulation:
It's a bug not a feature ;)

euphoria

Emutalk Member
Cyberman said:
euphoria:
As for who is working on it Simon Mallion (UncleClive) and me.

Well i just happen to have most of the values of CC figured out the only thing missing really is the CRC encoding. And id like really much if i could make this thing work. have you hacked out the crc?

Last edited:
OP
Cyberman

Cyberman

euphoria said:
Well i just happen to have most of the values of CC figured out the only thing missing really is the CRC encoding. And id like really much if i could make this thing work. have you hacked out the crc?
What I have is
Game Time
Party Members
Element blocks enabled (for each character).
CRC location
there are a few other things

I'm missing the element tables, character names and encoding, and character stats.

In order to find out what the CRC is I have to know when the data starts and ends in the save state. So No I haven't figured that out yet, my guess is it's the same they used for FF7/FF8 and a few of there other games (seriously). However getting it right will take a while since I don't know where data begins and ends.

0x100 ends the text information and ICON data normally stored in a PSX game.. so 0x100 to 0x1FFF contain 'legal' data. That only works with a single save state game. Legacy of Kain, Vagrant Store and Front Mission 3 use 3 save states per save for example. There are a few games that use the whole dang card too, but I haven't seen one of those yet.

Hopefully I'll figure the name stuff out, that's next on my list.

euphoria

Emutalk Member
You should take a look at this site. And i've spent hours after hours trying to figure out the data mask for those saves. The CRC polynom is not the hard part it takes only few minutes to go through all 2^16. but the data area... Here's a screenshot of what i have figured out. Good Luck!

[EDIT] crap! the shot didn't attach... and edit is no good[/EDIT]

OP
Cyberman

Cyberman

Well I have figured the name encoding however I have the feeling that the data is compressed as I haven't been able to find names other than the main characters. This means all the names are compressed or stored in a none linear format Either way it's anoying. Also the range of data used in the game is a bit bigger than I first surmized.

If you want to share data let me know, I've found the save count information :)

Cyb