What's new

failed to allocate memory

raichu4ever

I've used Project 64 v1.5 for months and months and today i tried to load it up and i get a nice little message that says 'failed to allocate memory'. What the heck does this mean? I've never had a problem with this before so why is it popping up now? ((celeron 1.3 ghz, 128 Mb SDRAM, 64 ATI Radeon 7000 AGP))

Please Help! All the other emulators out there are slow and clunky.

OP
R

raichu4ever

haha i fixed it

alrighty here's what i did to fix my own problem: I installed a keystroke recorder the day before and it took up so much RAM nothign else would run. (somet program called spector something or another). If anyone gets this problem and has a keylogger installed try uninstalling it.

peace out all

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Low on RAM problem

Did Windows (if using Windows 2000 or Windows XP)
display the message that Windows is low on virtual memory?

Usually, if using Windows 2000 or Windows XP, if your system
is low on RAM, you will be having the following symptoms:

The hard disk drive starts thrashing.

Windows then displays the following message:

Your system is low on virtual memory. Windows is increasing the size of your virtual memory paging file. During this process, memory requests for some applications may be denied.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
If the above symptoms occur, *uninstall* the applications
you don't use, *excluding* the applications that come
with Windows. Also, make sure the virtual memory size
is at *least* 192 MB.

Lizard Blade

raichu4ever said:
All the other emulators out there are slow and clunky.
Ok, a little off-topic here, but the question in the topic has basically been answered. My point is, did you ever try 1964? I think it's at least in PJ64's league, something all other N64 emulators can't say these days.

scotty

The Great One
Re: Re: failed to allocate memory

Lizard Blade said:
Ok, a little off-topic here, but the question in the topic has basically been answered. My point is, did you ever try 1964? I think it's at least in PJ64's league, something all other N64 emulators can't say these days.

In fact 1964 is better if you have a system that isnt as fast as mine, 1964 is faster, but isnt as stable as Project 64(assuming you use default plugins). Project 64 works better at some ROMS(Turok series, 1080), and 1964 works better at others(Perfect Dark, Goldeneye, Smash Bros.).

scotty

The Great One
Doomulation said:
There's nothing wrong with ssb in pj.

It is choppy in PJ64 for me, rememebr I dont have the fastest system, 1964 works beter for me in this game.

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
scotty said:

It is choppy in PJ64 for me, rememebr I dont have the fastest system, 1964 works beter for me in this game.

Super Smash Brothers is jerky probally because the counter factor for Super Smash Brothers is set incorrectly.

scotty

The Great One
RJARRRPCGP said:
Super Smash Brothers is jerky probally because the counter factor for Super Smash Brothers is set incorrectly.

I never touched the counter factor on Smash Bros. What should it be set at, I have it on 2, and it always has been at 2

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Counter factor tuning

Sometimes the authors of Project64 forget to set the counter factor to the correct one for the game, that's why some games run jerkily or in slow mo, so try Super Smash Brothers with counter factor 1. If still performing badly, try Super Smash Brothers with counter factor 3.

I had in the past had the jerky GFX problem before with Harvest Moon 64 with Project64 1.4, because of the counter factor setting being incorrect and setting the counter factor to 1 fixed the jerky GFX problem with Harvest Moon 64.

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
scotty said:
Remember that 1964 isn't better in that case. It just runs faster because of your low-end system. Use 1964 for games like goldeneye which always run slow at pj.