What's new

Zelda MM Problems

Carrots

Well I got it to work but not all the walls on buildings and stuff are pure black. Also, it's very laggy. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Oh and I'm not sure if these have been asked already sorry if they have.

P.S-I'm brain dead when it comes to emulators/plugins so could you link me to any files you suggest? Thanks to everyone who even bothered to read this.

Clements

That's got to be graphics card related. If it an integrated card (eg. Intel/SiS) or a ATI Rage Pro, these are bad for N64 emulation and show have problems similar to the one your having. What graphics card have you got?

Clements

If you don't know, then its probably integrated...

Find out by
Start->Run->(type dxdiag)->Display Tab
Details should be all there.

Clements

That sounds alright to me... are you using Jabo's Direct3D6 1.5 that comes with 1.5? That one is usually best... but also try Glide64 (you'll need eVoodoo) These can be found at the download section at the bottom of the main page. For an explanation of where to put the files, look here as I put a few pictures up to show where they go:

http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12338

OP
C

Carrots

Thank you Clements for all your help. I did what you said and it's now working except for one thing...the lag. Is there anything I can do about this or is it just something I'm going ot have to live with?

Clements

If you have a slow CPU (In N64 emulation terms below 1.0GHz (!) ) Then there isn't much you can do, but you could try 1964 instead- its faster but a touch less stable.