What's new

2 Feature Requests

Tyrron

Hi, I'm using JNes with the HTPC-Frontend myHTPC and I'm very satisfied with your emulator. To make it perfect for my use, however, it would need 2 additional features:

1) Ability to start in fullscreen-mode (saved window-state or a command-line parameter, preferrably the latter)

2) A "Really quit?" Yes/No overlay option when quitting the emulator. One should be able to choose Yes/No with a gamepad.

debennett2

I second the first request for fullscreen mode. That is a must for integration into a home theater/television environment where control buttons needs to be limited. Personally I would like to quit the app with a simple press of escape due to many other apps working the same (including MAME there Tyrron:saint: )

OP
T

Tyrron

Hi there debennett2! :)

Yes, a simple keypress would do, but when using a gamepad, it's easy to accidentally press the close button. There for an overlay window with an "are you sure"-message would be perfect.

PS: A simple keypress is already available in JNes. Or more correctly two keys, namely Alt + F4

My current work-around for fullscreen is to start it maximized.

Tyrron

debennett2

At the risk of sounding stupid, how do you get Jnes to run maximized? I am running WinXP Pro and I understand that many apps let you change that option in it's properties but it is not available (at least not that I can tell) in the Jnes executable. Are you somehow running a string at the end of the exe? Thanks.

OP
T

Tyrron

There's two ways to do this (That I know of, anyway..)

1) Go to Options -> Video in JNes. Select the largest resolution in 'Windowed resolution'

2) Use 'max' in the 'Show' parameter in MyHTPC.

debennett2

I am running the .50 release..nonbeta version. It would be nice for fullscreen to be an option as well as an assignable exit keystroke.

Clements

Full screen is possible because I use it! (Nice it is too!)
You need to:
Options->Video

And select the following options, and then options->Fullscreen.

You need a good Videocard for fullscreen because JNes uses DirectDraw.

debennett2

I think you do not understnad the issue here. We launch Jnes by opening the rom files not the other way around. What we want to happen is for Jnes to launch in fullscreen by default. We Use a frontend that allows us to index out games in a nice controllable format that we then "chose" and then launches the game...the best we can get so far is a maximized (not fullscreen) state.