What's new

Generic Geforce 4 mx 440

loleoc

The geforce 4 mx 440 boards of mark (msi, asus...) do they have a better yield and quality that the generic geforce 4 mx 440 or they are same? (with less guaranty, of course). Are the generic geforce 4 good? Pleaaaaaaseeee, respond me!!.

Clements

Good enough for me. I can run anything PC-wise with it apart from major anisotropic filtering (slows it down), and thats about it. Nice cheap, decent quality, value for money card. I get no probs N64 emu-wise apart from known issues.

Stez02k

*~ Mr. Trance ~*
yeah, there is a difference, the other makes add extras like better fans etc and extra software to help performence, btw dont get an MX series, get a Ti, the performence is really gr8, way better than a mx

james.miller

HELL YES. IT'S ME!
Stez02k said:
yeah, there is a difference, the other makes add extras like better fans etc and extra software to help performence, btw dont get an MX series, get a Ti, the performence is really gr8, way better than a mx
gotta laugh at that. while you go reccomending gf4 ti's (yesterdays technology, btw) i 'd say r500pro. same price but twice as fast as a ti.

anyway, he didnt about ti, he asked about mx's.

so, about my gf4 440mx. It's a creative (identical to msi im certain - it even says "msi" in the bios lol). no ram-sink, basic gpu cooling. the max i got out of it is in my sig:). thats running 24/7 without any hitches.

james.miller

HELL YES. IT'S ME!
not for me. my 9500 with softmod@ and overclock to 330/610 has had absolutly no driver-related problems. im using the cat 3.1's btw. every game ive played runs flawlessly:D

OP
loleoc

loleoc

Geforce 4 mx 440 generic is bad???, or not, Has it the same performance that a one of mark? yes or no

OP
loleoc

loleoc

Ah!
Reading an internet page, I discovered that the generic geforce cards have a program (called EIDA) that simulates the middle of video memory of the card. So, for example, a clon of tnt2 of 32 mb has 16 mb physicists and 16 mb simulated by this program.

Stez02k

*~ Mr. Trance ~*
james.miller said:
gotta laugh at that. while you go reccomending gf4 ti's (yesterdays technology, btw) i 'd say r500pro. same price but twice as fast as a ti.

anyway, he didnt about ti, he asked about mx's.

so, about my gf4 440mx. It's a creative (identical to msi im certain - it even says "msi" in the bios lol). no ram-sink, basic gpu cooling. the max i got out of it is in my sig:). thats running 24/7 without any hitches.

if the radeon series is so good why does command and conquer generals flickers with it like mad? And i aint no newbie either, ive been using emuatalk since early 2002. I'd still have nvida over Ati, if ati sorted their drivers i'd own one

james.miller

HELL YES. IT'S ME!
Stez02k said:
if the radeon series is so good why does command and conquer generals flickers with it like mad? And i aint no newbie either, ive been using emuatalk since early 2002. I'd still have nvida over Ati, if ati sorted their drivers i'd own one

ok, ok. less of the attitude, yeah? you've been a member since early 2002, eh? well that great. doesnt make a difference here though.

lets see shall we. nvidia. do their cards play EVERY game perfectly. without a hitch? didnt think so......so you named one game. thats hardly a big problem is it? surly you cant blast the ati range for that one failing, when nvidia are releasing drivers that STILL have problems with some games, not to mention drivers that PURPOUSLY leave effects out, "appearing" to increase the performance of their range?

To me, that's far worse.

Last edited:

Stez02k

*~ Mr. Trance ~*
loleoc said:
Geforce 4 mx 440 generic is bad???, or not, Has it the same performance that a one of mark? yes or no

not really, just gettn one from a different make may improve performence though

Stez02k

*~ Mr. Trance ~*
james.miller said:
ok, ok. less of the attitude, yeah? you've been a member since early 2002, eh? well that great. doesnt make a difference here though.

lets see shall we. nvidia. do their cards play EVERY game perfectly. without a hitch? didnt think so......so you named one game. thats hardly a big problem is it? surly you cant blast the ati range for that one failing, when nvidia are releasing drivers that STILL have problems with some games, not to mention drivers that PURPOUSLY leaves effects out, "appearing" to incress the performance of their range?

yeah, theres plenty more games too.... if i had em i'd have at least 10 games which glitched. And my geforce 3 is gr8, never had a problem with ANY game ive tried even resident evil (pc) from 1995 and i have xp too. I dont care about performence, i've had no probs with nvidia, even my old crappy gf2mx, and if ati are so good, why does most ppl recomend nvidia? i rest my case, and i dont want a flame war either.

james.miller

HELL YES. IT'S ME!
neither do i.i will say this though, their drivers have improved vastly, much more than most people realise. Also, a good deal of people actually recommend ATI, not nvidia. go to a pc-hardware related forum and you'll see 90% of people voting for ati.

there seems to be this great mis-conception about ATI drivers.

Stez02k

*~ Mr. Trance ~*
i found it hollarious u having a geforce in ya sig when dissin' nvidia haha, anyway i aint gunna argue, i'm still guna stay nvidia

Chibi Nick

Emutalk Member
Stez02k said:
i found it hollarious u having a geforce in ya sig when dissin' nvidia haha, anyway i aint gunna argue, i'm still guna stay nvidia
He wasn't "dissin'" nvidia... you silly little boy...

And Ati is not bad... I (a few months ago) had an Ati radeon 7000... and although it wasn't nearly the best card on the market, I had no problems with it... I could run any game I tried and it was stable and the drivers never bothered me... then I bought this thing and I've had no problems with it either... so I wouldn't go around recommending one over the other...

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
As for me, I don't care if it's nvidia or raedon :)
Both are about equal good and it's good competition, as well. Although, however, I'm more experienced if what nvidia cards are good :plain: but still i try to learn what raedon are good, too :D

james.miller

HELL YES. IT'S ME!
Stez02k said:

dissin'? ha - thats a good one. I just stated the facts - i dont see you proving me wrong..........

anyway that sig is old. im just about to update it, thankyou:satisfied

for anybody that wanted to know, i never used to have a problem with nvidia. they offered the greatest value-for-money. That is, untill ATI introduced faster,cheaper cards (which also produce better quality displays).
I totally agree with Doomulation, its all about competition. After seeing the light, i wont be buying another nvidia card for a long time.