What's new

A strong message from Forgotten

gokuss4

Meh...
Maybe it is time I start to delay a new version of VBA by a day or a week for every email I receive asking for link support.

If it doesn't stop, maybe VBA will stop.

Forgotten

that means ANY of you. all you n00bs and even experienced stop asking for link support if you haven't already stopped. its a good thing i never emailed him about that stuff, i didn't really care for link support for a gba emu :-/

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Well, VBA is doomed then, because we'd be fooling ourselves to think thats going to stop yer average newbie from whining about it. I could be wrong though;

I'd like to see VBA continued as much as anyone but expecting newbies not to email asking that is like asking a stone to give blood.

No offence intended,

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
He might as well stop working on the emu then, know why?
If you go to his site he explains his theorys on how it can work, right? well..... sooooo..... what does that say? Thats almost telling people that you can do it.... what does that mean?

well noob y and noob x is going to read that and in an almost twitch like response there gonna send an email asking for link support. lol that is like telling your enemy how its possible to make a weapon to kill you (and practically explain how to create it) and then get mad when they find out about it and shoot you lol ......... or something

:linux:

Last edited:

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
The worst thing is that Gollum (author of BoycottAdvance) has said that GBA link emulation over the internet is impossible. Even over a LAN it would be difficult.

I don't know the exact reasons, but the problem seems to be that the GBA expects the link to have virtually zero lag. This is possible on an actual link cable but difficult to reproduce without one.

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
I know nothing about this link subject or infact the real GBA.

but i gotta say convincing Forgotton...
that something is his problem in VBA is like talking to a brick wall .......

I found a serious Bug Prob with v1.1 & to be honest i had to paint a picture over 2 weeks solid.

What,Where, & How.

& he still couldnt get it.

Until i made a Guide "yes" a picture walkthrough from start to finish effect, then he got it.

It effected all directories on xp/2k not being able to be made.

I wasnt looking for thanks, & he wasnt looking to offering.

Bottom line i think he could be far more open to suggestions & Good Ideas without Being so my way or no way :)