What's new

1964 new version idea

skull1

im9i7
would it be posible to have a feature where you can assign a plugin that best works for a game then when you launch that game the emu will launch the game and plugin together, will automatically switch plugins if it's not the one assigned to it. the purpose of this feature if ease for the users from switching from one plugin that works best for a certain game to another. i don't know if it's value added for the authors but it's surely good for the users who plays with the emu all the time and chages games. this feature is not needed when a plugin that supports "all" games and has a perfect video/audio emulation exists.

zorbid

Edit : I didn't read skull1's post correctly, and mostly rewrote his suggestion with other words...:blush: the new idea is in bold

It would require a huuuuge amount of work, and I don't know who would do it, since Duncan (the former official ini author) has left the scene.

Keep in mind that the "best" plugin for a given game may not be the same on different video cards. So you'd have to test each game with each plugin on every video card.

What would be nice would be to let each user save it's own plugin selection for a given game in the ini (or in a different file, in order to keep the ini clean?). We wouldn't have to reconfigure the emulator everytime we launch a game :)

And then put a general switch to enable or disable this feature, to let us test new plugins without modifying each game settings.

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I've suggested something like this before, i think i got laughed at, but, I think i've thought up a better way than to just store per rom.

How about a plugin profile, such as "Default", and in the rom settings dialog, you know where Assume 32bit and others are, you can have a plugin profile selection combo box, be that the default profile or not.

That way, in the change plugins dialog, you've got a combo box with all the profiles that were ever created, and you can edit/select the profiles there, or even create new ones.

And it also saves space in the Ini, because all you need is a

Profile=Word

and thats all, you can even not include that in the ini file and assume its default profile.

Ie:
-I could have a Mario64 Plugin Profile;
-Where I have Jabos Direct3D for video, amizers sound and jabos direct input.
-Other roms i might want to share my mario64 profile with like star fox 64.

Get the idea?

you could store all of the profiles in a single ini file, called PProfiles.ini maybe;

something like this even...

[Default]
Video=File
Audio=File
Input=File
[Mario64]
Video=File
Audio=File
Input=File

Apon rom boot-up you can initialize the plugin settings based on what plugin profile we're using;

Just a thought. you can point and laugh at me now :D

Last edited: