What's new

Impressions and questions

Branislav7

So far i've tested a couple of games...

Mario 64, Zelda OOT, Wave Race, Forsaken, Virtual Chess work great

Harvest Moon 64 although marked playable is not cos one graphic layer seems to be missing...
Is there a way to fix this?

Strangely some games that are playable using the original UltraHLE 1.0 don't work in this release (maybe it just doesn't work for me)
Super Mario Kart 64 (after the 3dfx logo the screen goes blank and stays that way)
Banjo-Kazooie loads but it doesn't automatically switch to full screen and after i do it manually using F12 nothing happens...
Bomberman Hero same thing...

Dr. Mario starts off fine- the main menu and all but when i start playing all the viruses seem to be the same color. Also the tablets are invisible.

Glover- the screen flickers, corrupted graphics.

I'll test some more as soon as i can....
(the roms i tested above are all verified good dumps [!] except Mario Kart 64 (U) [h1] (cartname).v64)

UtraHLE 2064 is a very promising emulator, even this first release is quite impressive. Of course there are some bugs present but considering the new options that've been implemented (and there is quite a few) its allright.
You guys did a great work, thanks for releasing this emulator. UltraHLE is the best! :)

Dominator

Thanks.

Well, some games mentioned as playable went unplayable short time before release due to some last minute changes.

These problems have been corrected in our current private build.

Still, to tell you the truth, we hardly get into heavy beta testing for particular roms. Once it boots, runs, appears to be playable without no gfx important/noticable glitches and doesn't crash after a short test, we consider the game as playable. But this is why release it to the public and carefully look at your posts ;)

Gfx glitches may occur with one ore more particular configuration.
Try switching between UHLE gfx and Jabo's for instance (they're the ones we usually try). Banjo Kazooie worked fine for me, even tho some later problems have been reported here. Fullscreen with my V2 SLi (you need no glide wrapper, ok?).
Avoid non good dumps. Always. UHLE is *quite* sensitive. More than any other N64 emu around (more than any other emu?).

And last but not least, yes, we've lost compat for some games over UltraHLE 1.0 and SupraHLE. It is no longer the case with our current private build. AFAIK, besides one or two cheap mahjong games, it should be all fine.

Johann

Chankast rocks ^^
Try to get the (U) [!] version of Mario Kart 64 because it works fine (at least for me).

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
Is Glide64 working yet? The uHLE GFX plugin crashes on my Voodoo 5, unless I use eVoodoo. It doesn't work in native mode.

loleoc

Internal opengl plugin is the fastest on my voodoo 5, runs better than internal glide plugin. For example: Zelda mm runs always between 20 and 21 fps!!!!. All games runs perfectly, like a real n64.
But when i push escape to exit a game, the emulator crash. The only solution is to push alt + f4, so the emulator will close and windows will not hang.

Glide internal is not very good.

OP
Branislav7

Branislav7

I'll try to find Mario Kart (U) [!]....

2 Dominator:
Yeah, I'm using the Glide Plugin.

Btw what drivers are you using for Voodoo2? I'm using the original DirectX7 (27.1.2000)
I tried some newer ones (3rd party) but they either didn't work at all or didn't detect the SLI...

Any chance you'll add support for Glide64 plugin sometime in the future?

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
loleoc said:
Internal opengl plugin is the fastest on my voodoo 5, runs better than internal glide plugin. For example: Zelda mm runs always between 20 and 21 fps!!!!. All games runs perfectly, like a real n64.
But when i push escape to exit a game, the emulator crash. The only solution is to push alt + f4, so the emulator will close and windows will not hang.

Glide internal is not very good.

Hmm... I get black letters in Mario 64. I'm using the AmigaMerlin 2.5SE drivers. What drivers are you using?

Dominator

Branislav7 said:
I'll try to find Mario Kart (U) [!]....

2 Dominator:
Yeah, I'm using the Glide Plugin.

Btw what drivers are you using for Voodoo2? I'm using the original DirectX7 (27.1.2000)
I tried some newer ones (3rd party) but they either didn't work at all or didn't detect the SLI...

I used the same drivers DirectX7 (27.1.2000) with W98 since third party drivers had some serious compat probems with my type of V2 brands.

Branislav7 said:
Any chance you'll add support for Glide64 plugin sometime in the future?
Hopefully, yes.