What's new

MAME Request

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
I've been using MAME for all my arcade emu needs, and am soon to be purchasing an arcade machine specifically for that. ( www.custom-arcade.com ) 1 problem i've found though is that, in order to allow your MAME to play games such as Metal Slug 4, King Of Fighters 2002, and ROTD, you have to recompile your own version, which i was pretty sure i could do, but i was horribly horribly wrong, the actual act of modifying the driver code was no problem, but when it came to compiling, XP doesnt seem to like MingW. So if anyone out there CAN compile MAME and add in Metal Slug 4, KOF 2002 and ROTD, then post a link to it here, It would be vastly appriciated.

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
Most people who play those games use NeoRAGEx hacks (including me). I'm not allowed to give these out, but look for either NeoRAGEx 0.8c (NeoRAGExp 0.8c for Windows XP) or the newest NeoRAGEx 0.6H.

Badaro

Hexidecimal said:
I've been using MAME for all my arcade emu needs, and am soon to be purchasing an arcade machine specifically for that. ( www.custom-arcade.com ) 1 problem i've found though is that, in order to allow your MAME to play games such as Metal Slug 4, King Of Fighters 2002, and ROTD, you have to recompile your own version, which i was pretty sure i could do, but i was horribly horribly wrong, the actual act of modifying the driver code was no problem, but when it came to compiling, XP doesnt seem to like MingW. So if anyone out there CAN compile MAME and add in Metal Slug 4, KOF 2002 and ROTD, then post a link to it here, It would be vastly appriciated.

I managed to compile MAME with no problems using MinGW under Windows XP. What exactly is the problem you're experiencing?

[]s Badaro

OP
Hexidecimal

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
I've had multiple problems, mostly me understanding what to do, first off, i have no idea how to set up the mingw files so they are recognized by Command Prompt, i continually get the following errors:

either:

'MAKE' is not a recognized operable batch file

or

when i make the bat file and run it, the path goes to my Norton Ghost and its way off i have no idea what to put in the mingw.bat file, i typed exactly what mames offical Win32 compile thing told me to do, and no luck.