What's new

C++ Type Converting

GuestX

Hi,

I am learning C++ since two days and i have Borland C++ Builder
6 Enterprise (FULL VERSION YEAH) and i don't know how
to Convert a AnsiString to Integer or Integer to AnsiString. :blush:

Cyberman

Well I know this is going to embarass you, but try the HELP built in to BCB. It's all in there. The AnsiString objects have a whole bunch of functions in them.
Code:
AnsiString
PRESS F1 with the cursor on ANSISTRING to get help on it.

You'll get the base object and a description in the help. Then you will see the following menu options
Methods Example

in the help..
CLICK METHODS
and you'll get a list next to the help screen of all the methods.. LOOK at them carefully.

Not all objects are the same, I suggest you learn how to use the BCB help for finding things, it will save you lots of time :)

How did you get BCB6 enterprise? it's like $3500 for me :)
Cyb

OP
G

GuestX

Cyberman said:
Well I know this is going to embarass you, but try the HELP built in to BCB. It's all in there. The AnsiString objects have a whole bunch of functions in them.
Code:
AnsiString

You'll get the base object and a description in the help. Then you will see the following menu options
Methods Example

in the help..
CLICK METHODS
and you'll get a list next to the help screen of all the methods.. LOOK at them carefully.

Not all objects are the same, I suggest you learn how to use the BCB help for finding things, it will save you lots of time :)

Cyb

i know how to use the help, its the same how in Delphi,
just hold CTRL :)

Ok, yes. BCB6 enterprise? Kazaa Lite 2.1.0. it's $2999 :)
at the first time were the download begins, don't stop
it, you can download it in 15 hours, its just 155 MB

i don't have currently all components installed.

Last edited:
OP
G

GuestX

if the images are not displayed.
btw.. Cyberman, can you give me your email?

Last edited:

Trotterwatch

Ok, yes. BCB6 enterprise? Kazaa Lite 2.1.0. it's $2999
at the first time were the download begins, don't stop
it, you can download it in 15 hours, its just 155 MB

I think the above justifies the secret ban of this person.....

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
Cyberman said:
Code:
AnsiString

Methods Example

in the help..
CLICK METHODS

Cyb

WHAT ARE YOU DOING???????????

He's stealth banned ya know :p

aprentice

lol true.
What also amazes me is one day this guy is doing delphi, the next day c++. I wonder what tomorrow will be, asm? :p

Cyberman

WHAT ARE YOU DOING???????????
Having a good laugh? ;)

I'm looking at this and.. going HUH? he downloaded the enterprise edition I'm wondering if he has any clue. This reminds me of the AOL user "I Need some games man..".

I still don't think he understood what I was telling him about using the help (doh) crap it has Tofloat ToInt etc as methods for the object. I wish he would just READ instead of download and use 155M in 15 hours is kind of slow though (hmm) anyhow.

Cyb