What's new

zeldaOoT problem

fadingcaptn

Having a problem with Zelda Oot.... the ROM is good already checked. The problem is the screen goes black whenever facing the sun or moon or the glare.. also the text in the "action" button is black and some items on the menu subscreen are darker than usual...

system specs-
Pentium 4 1.5 Ghz
512 MB RAM
Creative AudioPCI
ATI RAGE 128 PRO AGP
DirectX 6.0
Microsoft XP Pro

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
It's your video card. Use eVoodoo & Glide64 for convinience. Look at EmuTalk's download section.

OP
F

fadingcaptn

ok

ok i downloaded glide64 and eVooodo for glide3.. and there were some .dll files and i put them in the plugin directory for my project64 program.. only project 64 wont recognize them.. says the .dll's wont load. Do i need to install something else? or change my driver or something? Pretty new to this i gotta say... i could be missing something altogether? Thanks for the help but again still a bit clueless.

Clements

Glide2x.dll, Glide3x.dll and eVoodoo go in the same directory as Project64.exe.

Glide64.dll (and the Glide64.ini file) goes in the plugin folder.

You should be able to use the plugin as normal, fullscreen only.

...But if your comp is anything like mine, then you'll get a nice black screen :D Good luck.

OP
F

fadingcaptn

FACK

did all that... got this..
The GFX plugin caused an exception and will be closed.

Anything i should tweak? Any other suggestions?
Thanks again.

Clements

I'm stumped... What I would do now, though is go to the bottom of the main page of this board, and download every video plugin available, and try every single one. You may get the result you need... unless anyone has a better idea?

OP
F

fadingcaptn

Eureka

Its all good now... had to configure the eVoodoo to operate in fullscreen mode.... big difference... thanks guys

OP
F

fadingcaptn

spoke too soon...

Got everything working smooth with the eVoodo + Glide64... only when i got to hyrule field or any open space link develops a major nearsightedness problem...everything is foggy and you cant see anything except for whats right infront of you... seems like the graphics cant draw anything in the distance.. im about to give up on this game on the basis that i dont have the optimum video card... unless anyone has any other suggetions.

Olaf

eVoodoo vers 3.2 XP gave me a black screen too, but eVoodoo 3.25 did work without a problem on my w2k.

Clements

Olaf said:
eVoodoo vers 3.2 XP gave me a black screen too, but eVoodoo 3.25 did work without a problem on my w2k.

Wow Olaf! You are right! eVoodoo 3.25 (which I had to find elsewhere >groan!< works! I can't thank you enough! :D :D :D

bullyfish

evoodoo into fullscreen

I run the same system specs as guy above with probs, and have same prob. I have done everything iit sais but when it come to tweaking evoodoo to run fulscreen, the box is greyed out, and i cant select it, so p64 just crashes. Any1 know how to fix this?