What's new

Personal thoughts about a Nemu 0.8 Beta Test.

Renegade

Wearer of Army Boots
Nope, this is not whining for a release, nor is it a pestering post about when it will be released.

But thinking about it, with Lemmy and LaC saying all that stuff about almost-100% compatitbility with almost-100% near perfect GFX, it's pretty hard to actually see if they are working on making that dream come true.

A beta release (like PJ64's) would obviously be good, because it allows people to give feedback about how it works on other computers, as well as how their emulator works currently.

I don't like them coding one big bunch of stuff, only to find that it works like shit on a Radeon/Rage or something like that.

Then again, making a beta release public would spark off a hundred thousand emails about it. A small population of beta testers would be able to provide a steady, but controllable stream of information about how the emulator works at its current status.

People who tell me "just shut up man and wait for nemu 0.8 you mutha loser" have no idea what I' talking about. give me feedback on this. thanks.

The nemu guys have always been quite private in the development stages of a release... its just the way they do things :) also nemu version 0.8 is like nemu version 2 0.1 because apprentley its been converted into C (or C++ not sure which), so that was bound to take some time getting right... to be honest i dont think many people besides LaC/Lemmy know what the next nemu release will be like, but heres hoping for a corker that lives up to their previous releases :)

Don't think that having thousands of beta testers is a good thing.This situation can be very confusing and not really helping the authors and their emulators.The ideal situation is to have a few trustworthy testers that have some different hardware so that they can give some real and serious feedback.

mesman00

What's that...?
i'm sure that the authors have everything under control. they atleast have emumaniac as a tester, and i'm sure that they have some kind of clue on how it will run on other systems then their own.

CLSugarman

i am (now was) a beta test for PJ64. beta testing helped a lot. it helped jabo find out if something was wrong in his plug-in or the drivers.

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
I think it would be a great idea for nemu too...

do a beta realease for a small number of people it would most likely help them achieve their goal of 100% compatibailty with good or perfect graphics :nemu:

Zeratul

I think it would be a good idea to have numerous beta testers. It helps you add features for various graphic cards, sound cards, and language. Or he can just release betas timidly but not announce his e-mail in public, only to those who are chosen to help him. but thats just my fantasy...

Creedrckr101

Hey, CLSugarman, If you were a beta tester, maybe you can answer my question. Why did Jabo decide to take away NVIDIA suport on PJ1.4, although it runs just fin with the other 3d plugin, I am curious about what happened

Tesla-Guy

lmao i tested Conker's - pj641.4 on a pc with TNT2... conker's head colours were inversed, the orange colour was white...

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
lol riiiiight

ok so what does that mean for nemu since the lemmy is using a tnt2 to code/test or whatever i have a geforce 2 gts

Tursiops_G

Tesla-Guy said:
lmao i tested Conker's - pj641.4 on a pc with TNT2... conker's head colours were inversed, the orange colour was white...

That's easily fixed...
(I'm using Jabo's Direct3D7 1.40 plugin).
Just UN-CHECK "Change blending mode if invalid for video card" under Configure Graphics Plugin / Emulation, and you may also have to drop down to 16-bit color depth. That fixed it for me. I'm using a Creative TNT2 Ultra w/ the latest Creative released drivers. (I've heard that there may be issues with the latest NVidia Reference drivers, BTW)...

HTH,

-Tursiops_G.

Tursiops_G

Zeratul said:
Its amazing how a topic about nemu beta test can be about pj64 and sumthin bout graphics..o_O

Actually, cross-feedback between emulators may benefit ALL of the emulation community... Lessons learned on Emulator "X" may help the authors of Emulator "Y" to avoid the same problems with their code...

I'm sure that the authors of Nemu are following the developments of various other emulators just for that reason... ;)

Cheers!

- Tursiops_G.

Tursiops_G

BaD MoN*DonTFUK said:
I snatched the beta aready....... i have it on my ftp if sum1 wants it..FUCK TESLA-GUY

Uh, Just WHERE have You been for the past few weeks... ?

PJ64 1.4 (final release) went PUBLIC already.
Not only that, but to their credit, they have released the Final SOURCE CODE for open download, as well! :)

Oh, If You are referring to the PRIVATE Nemu 0.8 Beta, then it's scumbags like YOU that are one of the main reasons WHY so many potentially GREAT Emulators have been DISCONTINUED lately... :(

You now have my utter contempt...

In THAT case, FOAD!, And I hope that the Moderators here BAN your sorry ass from these boards!

- Tursiops_G.

Last edited:

Tursiops_G

I would like to apologize to the rest of those here for my response to the above posting...

I was a Beta tester for Project 64, and it just torques my shorts to no end when some clueless JERK like that violates the trust given to him by an Emulator programmer... <Sigh!> :(

- Tursiops_G.

Last edited: