What's new

Really wierd zelda problem, 48 ocarinas?

monkesk8er

I downloaded about 4 different versions of the Zelda Majoras Mask rom, but they all have the same problem. When I start the game, everything works fine up to the part where I actually get to play. After the opening movie ends, and I take control of my chracter, he immediatley falls to the ground dead, before I even get to move him or anything. When he gets back up, he has no hearts, and every single item in my invertory is an ocarina. All the quest items are ocarinas, all the masks are ocarinas, all 3 c button items are already set to an ocarina. Also, whenever I take any damage whatsoever, I instantly die, then the game freezes. I read about this at www.zeldauniverse.net and it turns out this happens when the game is not read by the N64 correctley. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :n64:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
There is no way around it. You need to use another emulator for this. Or just wait until a new release.

OP
M

monkesk8er

Alright, Thanks. Anyone know of an emulator other then PJ64 that runs Zelda MM? I'd use PJ64, but my computer locks up right after the N64 logo :satisfied

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
monkesk8er said:
I downloaded about 4 different versions of the Zelda Majoras Mask rom, but they all have the same problem. When I start the game, everything works fine up to the part where I actually get to play. After the opening movie ends, and I take control of my chracter, he immediatley falls to the ground dead, before I even get to move him or anything. When he gets back up, he has no hearts, and every single item in my invertory is an ocarina. All the quest items are ocarinas, all the masks are ocarinas, all 3 c button items are already set to an ocarina. Also, whenever I take any damage whatsoever, I instantly die, then the game freezes. I read about this at www.zeldauniverse.net and it turns out this happens when the game is not read by the N64 correctley. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :n64:

That means FlashRAM is not Detected. I hope you havent been messing with the save type of the rom? :plain:

Use 1964 & Make sure that the emu has FlashRAM as the save type in the Rom Properties...

Last edited:

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
monkesk8er,

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask malfunction is caused
by the stupid anti-copy protection that was inplemented
into the game that does it's payload if it fails to detect
the flashROM chip. The above feature don't exist in
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
I see you need some convincing... :getlost:

LaC said:
the reason its full of ocarinas is it tried to load the inventory list from flashram and since flashram isnt there, it loads a bunch of garbage data.
Its not really copy protection. There isn't much copy protection in Zelda:MM, as a matter of fact there is more copy protection in Zelda:OOT.
So for the record, it is not copy protection. Take my word for it I wrote the crack for it ->
http://www.dextrose.com/info/1001dx-z2usc.htm
(and no that doesnt work with nemu)

Its too bad we released nemu 0.7a when we did. Because like a month after the release of 0.7a i emulated flashram, and we haven't release since, woops. ;)

Pj64/nemu8 does have copy protection work arounds. How else do you think the copy protection is "worked-around" ? There a magical cic chip in your pc? ;)
And who cares if its illegal?

And by the way, FlashRAM is where the game saves its data, its not a copy protection chip...:getlost:

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Re: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Anti-copy protection is what it's caused by according to one article
I read a while back. According to the article, this is how it works:

The game checks if the flashROM is accessible.
If it's not, the junk loads of ocarinas and death of Link payload
is triggered.

Last edited:

Clements

monkesk8er said:

I'd love to see this. Can someone provide a link (no pun intended) or post an image of this?

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
Re: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

RJARRRPCGP said:
Anti-copy protection is what it's caused by according to one article
I read a while back. According to the article, this is how it works:

The game checks if the flashROM is accessible.
If it's not, the junk loads of ocarinas and death of Link payload
is triggered.

This falls under...

LaC said:
the reason its full of ocarinas is it tried to load the inventory list from flashram and since flashram isnt there, it loads a bunch of garbage data.

:doh:

Anti-Copy Protection = Myth

OP
M

monkesk8er

Well, I got it to work with 1964. Cept the skies are red, the audio cracks, and some of the textures are messed up, but other than that it works fine. I cant wait till it works in UltraHLE though, since it works absouloutley perfect in it, other then the ocarina glitch :D

OP
M

monkesk8er

Doomulation said:
Nah, not really. You die as soon as you're hit.
Well yeah, that too :satisfied:
Doesnt matter though, I got the Glide64 plugin and I got it workin in PJ64 flawlessly, probably cuz I got a Voodoo 3 :D
Anyway, im off to play Paper Mario, thanx for that link to the site on how to fix the flickering in it Doomulation.