What's new

Rice's Daedalus Plugin 4.2.0 feedback thread

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
the sprites in Banjo-tooie are no longer white, but i still get the annoying shadow problem (no matter what framebuffer setting i use), seems great otherwise, well done;

Mario party is great emulated, but for some reason the music won't play properly with this video plugin, (IE: It won't start) but it will with jabos, this isn't an audio plugin i know but maybe the video plugin takes some part here :p, the mini-games are fantasticly done though!

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
the sprites aren't black in mario kart anymore either and the tracks textures no longer change randomly, great stuff!

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
depth buffer does not work for you for some reason. Opengl render should be better for you.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
The error is from you emulator, you probably need to restart it.

Clements

No luck with that, so I switched to 1964 and was able to choose nVidia OpenGL with no errors. The emulation of Goldeneye was more accurate (polygons were there) but was much slower.

Mihalas

Banned
:1964: Well done Rice.Another great plugin.
Finally Supercross 2000 is really working.But it is a little sloooooooooowwwwwwwww.

euphoria

Emutalk Member
okay, DX mode crashes which is expected since i have DX8.0. OpenGL bestfit/1.1/1.2 doesn't show a thing - sounds work though - and when emulation is ended emulator crashes. Seems that us Matrox users are having some misfortune with your plugins Rice.

Win2000 SP1
DX 8.0
Matrox G450
Pj64 1.5

ceedj

Pencil Neck Geek
Rice,

EXCELLENT JOB! Very nice, although the only real improvement I see is in No Mercy, as ther earlier Versions Direct X setting didn't work, but the OpenGL did. Now it's reversed; the DX stuff works (very well, although I'm still getting better overall performance with Jabo's 1.5) and the OpenGL produces NO graphics at all. I get sound fine, but no graphics on any OpenGL setting. Weird.

Again, great job though. Keep it up!

RICE! RICE! RICE!

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
I guess you should check your driver. You have Geforce2, OpenGL should just work as good as DirectX. Does other opengl plugin work for you?

About directx and opengl:

With Rice's plugin OpenGL is much slower than directx! About 1,5x as slow (I've got a GeForce2!!!). Jabo's plugin is still faster and Glide64 in its footsteps, but Rice is on their way. Good job!

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Doomulation said:
Rice, i get problems also. See the pic above. My driver version is 42.01.

Doomulation, what is the problem in the shot? I know problem of the black track on the ground. Do you have other problems?

Regarding opengl, I tested on PCs I can find, with Rage 128, Geforce2 MX400 and GTS, and Geforce 256, on a onboard crip video card, opengl works on all of them.

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Rice said:
Doomulation, what is the problem in the shot? I know problem of the black track on the ground. Do you have other problems?
Lotsa things seem to be wrong in all games. Textures missing, trail cut off, etc, etc. I can take another photo of another game.