What's new

Flash Cards

Pheo

i was wondering if the flash cards for the gba use flash ram. if they do then why do they need a battery.

I saw a pic on a site.

i really would like to know how you choose which game to play on the gba itself.

Bravo

hmm

Well from what I can tell the Flash card itself doesnt need any kind of batteries. THe linker does however. A lot of people just use a 9v Batterry since it works better however. Read the complete faq on www.gbaemu.com and you can learn how it works. Its very nice.

Bravo

OP
P

Pheo

that is what i believed about the flash cards until i saw a picture of the 64, 128, and 256 MBit cards. The picture showed them opened and both sides with a watch size battery in each one.

OP
P

Pheo

hallo bravo

i actually just got myself one of those with the linker and everything, it's great.;)

i can see the batttery or part of it through the front, i believe it is for it's built in eeprom funct.

flashLinker.gif

this one (128Mbit) has a battery as you can see but it is harder on the smaller one
gba-fa128_small.jpg

flash1281.jpg

thomas_callahan

Speaking of flash carts, does anyone have a 64m one they don't use anymore and want to sell? Like if you've upgraded to a bigger one or something?