What's new

Good Roms?

adi

get out of my house
Have there been any updates to the Goodwindows or Goodrom packages after the ones posted on smiffs site? Can anyone suggest any other programs which rename n64 roms as well?

PS I got the first post in the forum. Beat that admins! heheehehe. (sorry)

blizz

the GoodTools databases compiled by Cowering are probably the most complete for console roms.

I tend to use ROMcenter since it has a nice explorer type interface and uses both Cowerings standard/database for console roms and the Logiqx and tosec database's too

it nicely integrates everything.

CLSugarman

It's incomplete tho. it's missing a few USA games like PowerPuff Girls. When the three JAP games come out, GoodN64 will be GoodN64 1.0

blizz

CLSugarman said:
It's incomplete tho. it's missing a few USA games like PowerPuff Girls. When the three JAP games come out, GoodN64 will be GoodN64 1.0

by definition then all gba/gbx/WSx etc... rom renamers are incomplete ;)

flow``

flow``
AFAIK the only rom's missing from the goodn64 database (that are new, not the MIA's) are:

Powerpuff Girls Chemical X-traction (u)
Razor Freestyle Scooter (u)
NFL Blitz Special Edition (u)
Pokemon Stadium 2 (spanish)

all which are found (b/c i have them ;p)

then theres a new Bomberman (j) coming out dec. 20'th but i'm not sure when it will be dumped

and then there are the 4 unreleased ones that are in goodn64 0.999.6:
Bass Racing Ecogear Power Worm Championship (J)
Nushi Zuri 64 - Shiokaze ni Notte (J)
Pro Shinan Mahjong Tsuwamano (J) [!]
Yousuke Ide's Mahjong School (J) [!]

Here's Redbox's mia list here

that should about do it for the n64 i'd say.. except any demo's, or modified dumps that might come up in the future

The Ice Man

trying to use the goodtool, not too familiar with it, keeps giving me the error "the app failed to start b/c zlib.dll was not found"

how do i fix this, and pls dont say re-install, cuz tihis is a zip file and comes with no installation file :p

blizz

download this file and extract it into the directory containing the GoodXXX.exe and it should work

The Ice Man

ok, i got it working, thanks for the dll file, but not sure what to do with it, i boot it, and it says hit enter to continue, so i hit enter, and the screen dies, and it goes back to windows, what am i doing wrong here?

heres a screenshot

flow``

flow``
the ice man.. check out my little "how to" on goodwindows/n64 here

if you have any other comments or questions feel free to ask

smiff.. msg me on irc about that rom

hotshitu

Banned
Smiff said:

and then i have to play it.... lots...

I would they'd come up with something better though, like Dex vs. Mandark or my all time favourite Call A for Ape: Gideon's Revenge :D
=>Tarkovsky Rules :cool:

Smiff

Emutalk Member
lmao it was a JOKE guys... "Powerpuff Girls"? I think my brother watches that on TV and he really is 6.

Or is it really cool and I'm missing something here?

The Ice Man

blizz said:
download goodwindows from here

this is a front end for the goodXXXX tools

that prog worked really well, thanks alot ;)

--edit--

a new ver of good64 just came out, good 0.997

has 95 new roms

Last edited: