What's new

Big Speed Problems

StormBine

Sorry for this, probably been asked a million times already, but I didnt really find a complete answer in previous posts.

Im fairly new to N64 emulation, so please bear with me :)

The Problem I am having is that some games run fairly slow on my system, and I definately excede the minimum specs, so im wondering what my problem is. For example in rush 2 the game seems to almost flicker, it runs good for a bit then slows down for a second or two, then returns to normal... And its completely random as well.. Sometimes its a few mins, sometimes seconds.

2nd example would be Mario Party 3, the game itself seems to play fine, but some minigames are extremely slow....

What could be my problem ? Is there say a different video plugin i should try? I tried to disable the speed locking, but then my fps shot up to around 120fps, and would still slow down to around 40, where as with the speed lock on, it would run normally at around 60 fps and shoot down to 40 or lower....

Im confused..... thanks for any help...

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Well, some games just do run slow. An example is the mario party games. Check the gamefaq for further info on what games has issues.

OH and Glide64 seems to run at least some mini-games in Mario Party better than jabo's. Try it out, link's below.