What's new

"Failed Lock" error!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SquareSoft0

Moogle
I can play all of my roms nearly perfectly, but after about 10 minutes of playing PJ64 loses all sound and a box pops up saying "Failed Lock." If I try to click okay or the X to close the box my computer bogs out until I turn it off, I have to close PJ64 to get rid of the box. I've successfully been playing without that error ever since the first day PJ64 1.3 was released through today. Help would be greatly apprecieated!!! :cry:

OP
SquareSoft0

SquareSoft0

Moogle
It happens on all of my games, it's weird that it just came about for no reason though... I use 5 different sound plugins, Azheimer (SP?) 20, 30, 40b, the default sound plugin, and the basic sound plugin. It happens on all of those too. (The basic sound plugin is actually by for the best IMO)

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Have you run dxdiag?
Select start-menu->run and type dxdiag and hit enter.
Run the sound diagnostics and see if there is no problem.

OP
SquareSoft0

SquareSoft0

Moogle
No, the sound isn't the problem. It's that pop-up box saying "failed lock" which is my problem. It coincidentally takes away the sound. I can keep playing just fine for as long as I want after the box appears, but with no sound. If I click anywhere on the box my computer bogs out until I turn it off. I currently use Windows ME on my first hard-drive and XP Pro on my 2nd hard-drive most of the time and it happens on both. I recently tested it on Win 95, 98SE, 2000 Pro/Corp/Normal, and XP Home/MediaCenter all on my 2nd Hard-Drive, but it happens on ALL of them too!!! I installed PJ64 on different folders for each OS and I've come to think I have a hard-ware problem. I haven't had any problems on any of my other emulators / games / programs, just PJ64 though...

(I know, reading a long message is tedious to me too! SORRY)

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
SquareSoft0 said:
No, the sound isn't the problem. It's that pop-up box saying "failed lock" which is my problem. It coincidentally takes away the sound.

DirectSound Buffer Problem & YES, its the Sound Plugin. :getlost:
I assume your using zilmar's audio plugin...

OP
SquareSoft0

SquareSoft0

Moogle
I'm sorry, were you covering your eyes as you went down the page? I said it happens when I use Azimer v20, 30, 40b, Jabo's 1.5, and Basic Sound plugins. I tried it on Zilmar's and it happens with that plugin too...

Doomulation

Well, as i might say it. The buffer needs to be "locked" before playing. In other words, it's a directsound problem. Run dxdiag.

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
SquareSoft0 said:
I'm sorry, were you covering your eyes as you went down the page? I said it happens when I use Azimer v20, 30, 40b, Jabo's 1.5, and Basic Sound plugins. I tried it on Zilmar's and it happens with that plugin too...

I said I assumed you pathetic waist of a sperm load... :angry:

Like Doomulation said, Its DirectSound. Go fuck yourself with a coat hanger :getlost:

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Gee whiz

Can a moderator please close this thread!!!

CpU MasteR is bashing a person who came here for help
with a sound problem.

CpU MasteR, you are majorly lucky I'm not an admin or moderator, because if I was, I may have banned you already.

Last edited:

Doomulation

Re: Gee whiz

RJARRRPCGP said:
CpU MasteR is bashing a person who came here for help
with a sound problem.
Well apparently, the guy didn't get that we were telling the truth, and he insulted cpu, even if you didn't notice, so, being cpu, he gave him back.

RJARRRPCGP said:
CpU MasteR, you are majorly lucky I'm not an admin or moderator, because if I was, I may have banned you already. [/B]
Indeed wow!

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Ok there seems to be a Clash Of Virtual P'nalities here

Yes Square did say what he/her was using very clearly.
and no doom square did not insult CPU at all.
I found the comment to be true.
read before you post comes to mind here.

Yes CpU that Language & attitude wasnt needed nor helpful.
you didnt need to Asume, just reading would have done.

RJARRRPCGP: :) certainly put a smile on my face and made lol
but i dont see you being one in the near futute.
Not with that kind of reckless abuse of power ;)

Im also closing this thread to save further bashing & flaming.

Last edited:

Jabo

Emulator Developer
http://www.microsoft.com/directx/

go to this website and download the latest version of direct-x, also see about installing drivers for your sound card (creative labs for example)

if you can get ahold of a direct-x redistributable install that includes drivers, that might fix the problem as well.

oh and ignore the advice about the coat hanger, that will produce sounds you don't want to hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.