What's new

Glide+evoodoo problems

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
I downloaded Glide and evoodoo, i unzipped them to the plugin directory, and then ran PJ64 1.5, then when i go to set it to the glide plugin i keep getting the error:

Cannot find the file glide3x.dll

so i click ok and then it says:

failed to initialize plugin Glide64.dll

What's wrong here?

Plisco

Sevillian
have u put the glide3x.dll in the right place
Should go in windows\system folder if you are using Win9x
windows\system32 if you are under NT/2k/XP

Trotterwatch

k, what is going on is.... you need to put:

Glide64 should be placed in the plugins folder like you have already done

Evoodoo should be placed in the PJ64 main folder, the one that has the PJ64.EXE in it.

Your problem is now solved.

Trotterwatch

have u put the glide3x.dll in the right place
Should go in windows\system folder if you are using Win9x
windows\system32 if you are under NT/2k/XP

You can do as Plisco says, but be aware that you could experience some problems if you put the glide3x.dll in the system or system32 folder (ie some games trying to use Glide).

OP
Hexidecimal

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
ok, i got it installed and recognized, and I know you have to run fullscreen to get graphics to show up. But when I press Alt+Enter like it says, it does take it to full screen, it simply makes the window a bit smaller and the window stays black.:plain:

OP
Hexidecimal

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
Fine, that got it to full screen, now the game flips to fullscreen for maybe, 4 seconds, then a box pops up that says:

The GFX plugin has caused an exception and has been disabled. Would you like to turn it back on and attempt to continue?

So I click yes and the same thing happens again...

Clements

Hex, I have the same problem, and the same graphics card as you! Maybe this prob is graphics card related. If I were you, stick with Jabos 1.5 for the time being- it works well for all games I have 'cept three, two of which are solved by the Unofficial Daedalus Plugin (2D games)

OP
Hexidecimal

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
That happens with SSB, when i play starfox 64, it doesnt error out, it simply stays a black screen.

Plisco

Sevillian
Hexidecimal said:
Fine, that got it to full screen, now the game flips to fullscreen for maybe, 4 seconds, then a box pops up that says:

The GFX plugin has caused an exception and has been disabled. Would you like to turn it back on and attempt to continue?

So I click yes and the same thing happens again...

I used to get this error with No Mercy when using pj64, use 1964 as errors dont appear with it (for me anyway ;))

Last edited:

Clements

This is freaky. I asked about exactly the same thing about a week before you posted here, at cherryroms:

REMOVED

Do we have a psychic link.... :plain:

Almost word for word... Arghh!!

When I change the plugin to Glide64, the game starts in window mode and tells me to put it to fullscreen. I do this, and get the following message that says: "The GFX Plugin caused an exception and has been disabled. Would you like to turn it back on and continue?" I pick yes and the same message appears again.

Edit: Use eVoodoo 3.25, not 3.2.

Last edited:
OP
Hexidecimal

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
Yeah Plisco, the evoodoo logo blinks for a sec like its working, then i hear the game music and sound effect (starfox 64) and i can controll the game i just cant see anything