What's new

ok, need help connecting ps2 to tv card.

sk8bloke22

roll for life
ive got some hauppauge tv card. and at the mo the only way to connect my shiny new ps2 to my monitor, is to plug it into the scart socket in my video player, then connect the areial from the vid to the RF output (or input, i forget), in the tv card. theres a composite port, which allows me to plug the video in straight into the tv card, but then the audio L and audio R outputs hav no where to go, and so theres no sound. plugging into the composite port has much much better picture quality. u kinda need to own a tv card to know wat i mean. so the only way to hav sound is, as i said using the video player, but the quality is shit.

Reznor007

Does the card have a small jack that looks like a headphone jack, or output from a sound card?

If so, you'll need an adaptor that takes the stereo RCA cables from the PS2 and converts them into a 3.5mm stereo minijack that goes into that jack.

OP
sk8bloke22

sk8bloke22

roll for life
ok cheers. ill get one today. ive got an audio lineout which connects to the line in in my sound card via some cable, and the only other port other than the composite is the aerial.

-----------------------------------------------------------

o ( ) 0

--------------------------------------------------------------

Composite Audio line out Aerial

i was quite sorprised when i put the cable in the video output that the qulity was pretty good. itll be weird having 2 dvd players on my pc.

so basically. i need some thing which connects to the Audio L/R from the ps2 and converts it into a jack to eith go in my line out on the tv card, or my line in on the sound card (most probably line in).

i think i get ya.