What's new

Rice's Daedalus 4.1.0 beta1 feedback thread

Rice

Emulator Developer
Post your response here, and describe your problems and your computer/video card config.

I have posted a binary file built for DirectX 8.0a for someone does not have DirectX 8.1 installed, see it at:

File for DirectX 8.0a

Rice

Last edited:

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
If depth buffer / zbuffer does not work, you will see objects will overlapping each other

This doesn't happen in all games, but I have noted it in Mario Golf when I am set for Nvidia OGL. I'm using a GF4 ti4200 with Det.v.41.09 and DirectX 9.0 on Win XP Pro.

Would this be normal for that game?

I have all kinds of odd looking texture issues (mostly flickering or like the texture is covering something up) in most games whether or not I am set for OGL or D3D.

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
I've got all sorts of problems. When testing Mario 64, the DirectX renderer pretty much went nuts and put polygons anywhere. It could be a problem with the Z-buffer.

Unusually (for my ATI Radeon 8500) the OpenGL renderer is better, but it's still only borderline playable.

Maybe I'm asking for it with DirectX 9.0, I'll try installing the latest drivers and retesting.

euphoria

Emutalk Member
DirectX mode gives D3DERR_INVALIDCALL Error MsgBox and freezes 1964 0.8.5 :( It seems as there is something going wrong in initialization since the MsgBox pops up right after the ROM is loaded.

Windows 2000
DirectX 8.0
Matrox G450

To sum it up, there's no improvement on my setup compared to previous release, but hopefully these errors get corrected sometime :daedalus:

[EDIT] Project64 1.5 crashes with memory read error from address 0x00000000 [/EDIT]

Last edited:
OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
euphoria said:
DirectX mode gives D3DERR_INVALIDCALL Error MsgBox and freezes 1964 0.8.5 :( It seems as there is something going wrong in initialization since the MsgBox pops up right after the ROM is loaded.

Windows 2000
DirectX 8.0
Matrox G450

To sum it up, there's no improvement on my setup compared to previous release, but hopefully these errors get corrected sometime :daedalus:

[EDIT] Project64 1.5 crashes with memory read error from address 0x00000000 [/EDIT]

I think I have found this problem because one global variable is not initialized. The problem happens only to the lower end video card combiner. You have got G450, why not you try to manual select the high end combiner?

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
The file has been updated in the original thread. If you have the problem of emulator crashing, you can try to download the file again and give it a try.

euphoria

Emutalk Member
Same thing happens: D3DERR_INVALIDCALL with "To Fit.." and manually "High End..." and it freezes after. Maybe you could release a debug version that dumps initialization info to file and see what it fails on. I'll have to go now but i could test it tomorrow.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
euphoria said:
Same thing happens: D3DERR_INVALIDCALL with "To Fit.." and manually "High End..." and it freezes after. Maybe you could release a debug version that dumps initialization info to file and see what it fails on. I'll have to go now but i could test it tomorrow.

Can you update your DirectX to 8.1, the plugin requires DX 8.1.

jacky400

Test game on Low end and high end combiner

Test game:Mario 64
CPU:p4 1.8A
RAM:256 DDR
Render Type selected in Plugin : DirectX 8.0/8.1

1.Low end combiner (Intel 845G onboard graphic chipset)

Problem : Mario head in whole black color after the title screen while background is ok ,ingame haven't test.

2.High end combiner (Geforce 2 MX440)

No problems found in title and ingame.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Just installed DirectX9 and tested, the plugin works fine for me without rebuild. I don't have much to say, you can try to update your device driver.

My config.

PIII-600M, 256+128+64 MB
Geforce 2 MX/MX 400 32MB
Driver: Nvidia 4.1.0.9, 11/18/2002

Rice

Last edited:

euphoria

Emutalk Member
Rice said:
Can you update your DirectX to 8.1, the plugin requires DX 8.1.
Just a thought but why the hell does it say DirectX 8.0/8.1 then? :angry: But to get serious, should i download DX9 instead since my 56k modem connection & my wallet doesn't allow many downloads?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Just buy a game magazine :baaa:
It will probably contain dx 8.1 or 9 on a cd.
Btw rice, you should post your plugin progress in one thread to avoid this situation ;)

Nice work, btw.

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
I've updated my ATI Radeon 8500's drivers and still have the wacky Z-buffer problem with Direct3D. OpenGL 1.2 works best but still with some glitches.

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
rice can you add a model extractor.. or vert extracxting/logging option please please please!!!! :flowers:

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
euphoria said:
Just a thought but why the hell does it say DirectX 8.0/8.1 then? :angry: But to get serious, should i download DX9 instead since my 56k modem connection & my wallet doesn't allow many downloads?

Could be my fault. I thought DirectX 8.0 and 8.1 are binary interchangable as they are using the same interface. Ya, you can download DirectX 9, at the meantime, I will try to build it again with DirectX 8.0a library so someone like you can try it.

Rice

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
jvolel said:
rice can you add a model extractor.. or vert extracxting/logging option please please please!!!! :flowers:

You can build a DEBUG version by using the source code, it has vtx logging features.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Build for DirectX 8.0a

This build is linked with DirectX 8.0a library, it is not a replacement, but just for whoever does not have DirectX 8.1 installed.