What's new

Msuic Recording and Audio Plugins

tanyoko.nu

I eat dead people...
Music Recording and Audio Plugins

I've noticed that the logging that the audio plugin does is at an unstandard format. (Jabo's Directsound which comes with PJ64). it's 40Khz and records in mono even though the file is stereo. Now as I want to record the music from Tetrisphere (As I can't find any MP3s, have to make them myself) I wondered if there are any other audio plugins out there that work better.. I tried recording them using cooledit, but that somehow slows down the emulator no end!

Last edited:

Allnatural

Hmm, all of my logs are in stereo, and the sampling rate depends on the game. Example:

Super Mario 64 - 32kHz
Tetrisphere - 44kHz
Shadowman - 22kHz

OP
tanyoko.nu

tanyoko.nu

I eat dead people...
I had another listen, they do appear to be in stereo, but they originally come out at 40 Khz, not 44.1. I had to do a little upsampling.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Then grab total recorder! It records sound directly sent to the speakers! It can even compress directly to mp3 to save space, if you wish.
Goto downloads.com to find this.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Re: Music Recording and Audio Plugins

tanyoko.nu said:
Now as I want to record the music from Tetrisphere (As I can't find any MP3s, have to make them myself)

Hmm, odd... I found all of them on WinMX some time ago, but they don't seem to be there any more...

I believe I still have Manic Drum Mix and Extol (or something like that) somewhere if you want those two. PM me...

Directly mp3 encoding in a n64 game? Do you know what kind of computer you need?! I don't know exactly but it's nearing something like 2 ghz.

Trotterwatch

Directly mp3 encoding in a n64 game? Do you know what kind of computer you need?! I don't know exactly but it's nearing something like 2 ghz.

Erm, look at his specs - now look at what you have just written....

Trotterwatch

Tagrineth, you referring to me or Mighty Rocket in your last post--- me is confused! lol

I'd recommend using Total Recorder like Doomulation has stated, for the main question.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Trotterwatch said:
Tagrineth, you referring to me or Mighty Rocket in your last post--- me is confused! lol

I'd recommend using Total Recorder like Doomulation has stated, for the main question.

Mighty Rocket, of course. ^^; Sorry for the confusion.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Update: I just found ALL of them at 160kbps!

I should have them soon. I'll send them to whoever wants them! :)

OP
tanyoko.nu

tanyoko.nu

I eat dead people...
Sorry for the late reply, I couldn't get to the forums for some reason. I went with the ones from the logger. And encoded them to OGG after cutting them up from the one large file that the logger produced. All at great quality and good for looping too.

<a href="http://www.outfoxed.net/~tanyoko/Tetrisphere/">They're all here</a> on an old host of mine. I don't want people ramming my new domain's bandwidth. I have enough of that from the oekaki.

EDIT: I really should spellcheck more

Smiff

Emutalk Member
They were logged from PJ's RSP? they sound pretty good, nice.

You're from the New Forest area? I used to walk there a lot when i was a kid. Small world.

Last edited:
OP
tanyoko.nu

tanyoko.nu

I eat dead people...
Very small world. I need to go pee now (Glad to share).

PS. The sound quality could be better. But I'm just picky.