What's new

For Gonetz

Raziel64

Glide64 beta tester
Hi, first of all, Happy Birthday and congratulations!
A question, can you fix this problem?
(I have a voodoo banshee card)

Gonetz

Plugin Developer (GlideN64)
Thanks for congratulations :)

A question, can you fix this problem?
I'm afraid, I can't. Or at least not soon. This problem appeared because Banshee does not support multitexturing. I don't find yet how to avoid problems in such situations.

OP
Raziel64

Raziel64

Glide64 beta tester

Oh, thanks Gonetz.
I`ll try to find some solution for this (a multitexturing emulator tool for Voodoo Banshee or something like this).

cooliscoo

EmuTalk Member
Re: ....

Raziel64 said:
Oh, thanks Gonetz.
I`ll try to find some solution for this (a multitexturing emulator tool for Voodoo Banshee or something like this).

Not possible. That would be like trying to "emulate" FSAA on a card that doesn't support it.

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
Re: ....

Raziel64 said:
Oh, thanks Gonetz.

I'm afraid there isn't such a thing. There might be a Glide wrapper that does software multi-texturing, but that would probably make things worse with your Banshee.

You can get a Voodoo 5 5500 off eBay for around $70, though. That's the best solution.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
It's the gfx card that is the source of all this. eVoodoo won't help. Get that newest voodoo card instead. Not too expensive.

linker

Emutalk Member
Doomulation said:
It's the gfx card that is the source of all this. eVoodoo won't help. Get that newest voodoo card instead. Not too expensive.

Nope.. evodoo doesn't support multitexturing... (so it won't require your card to support it).. maybe you should try.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
linker said:
Nope.. evodoo doesn't support multitexturing... (so it won't require your card to support it).. maybe you should try.
If the gfx card doesn't support multi-texturing, a wrapper with multi-texturing won't help. Not even if eVoodoo did support multi-texturing.

euphoria

Emutalk Member
Re: Re: ....

cooliscoo said:
Not possible. That would be like trying to "emulate" FSAA on a card that doesn't support it.

FSAA can definately be done in software. and so can multitexturing but at what expence? speed.

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
Re: Re: Re: ....

euphoria said:
FSAA can definately be done in software. and so can multitexturing but at what expence? speed.

To do that in software, and still have the rest hardware-accelerated, would incur the same speed loss as frame-buffer reads. In fact, since his base image is 4x as large as the screen in each direction, it would be 16 times slower than a full-resolution frame-buffer read.