What's new

UltraControl Cheating Tool

Xade

Irrelevant Insight
UltraControl - An UltraHLE cheating tool

In the very near future, I will be providing you with a very simple, but very functional tool to be used in conjunction with the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time rom and UltraHLE.

The program is, as stated, fairly basic in terms of technical prowess and so on, but it gets the job done.

Functionality includes, but is not limited to:

* Modifying your rupee value.
* Modifying your ammunition values for various weapons.
* Freezing clocks and timers.
* Modifying what time of day it is, and freezing this state.
* Changing envrionmental factors, forcing rain, etc.

Plenty of other undisclosed features will be present, and available through either the front-end, or shortcut keys.

Keep your eyes open for an up and coming release.

OP
Xade

Xade

Irrelevant Insight
UltraHLE, or UltraHLE 2064?

I'm deliberating which version of UltraHLE to use UltraControl in conjunction with. Because of the modified code and way of doing things, if I produce the cheat program for one version, it will not work with the other.

Currently I have a fair few tricks running with the original UltraHLE.

What would people prefer?

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
I dunno how much uHLE 2064 v2 will be different, and if your proggy will work with it or not, but I'd say do uHLE 2064.

OP
Xade

Xade

Irrelevant Insight
Well, unfortunately for some, I've decided that UHLE 1.0.0 will be the main focus of the UltraControl project.

As you may have seen in another post, I'm having difficulty actually getting Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time to work past the intro using UHLE 2064 due to some sort of SRAM error (?!).

However, I passed an early version of the program to a friend, and he reported that 4 out of 5 of the demo hacks built in worked with UHLE 2064, so things are looking good either way, I reckon.

Lastly, plans are already underway for several more UltraControl versions to be used with the likes of Super Mario 64, and more.

aprentice

If your not modifying the exe code, cant you just detect what version of uhle is running by grabbing the window text? But i agree, 1.0.0 would be a better target because 2064 has a cheat dialog built in that works correctly for me (attn. gent) :p

OP
Xade

Xade

Irrelevant Insight
All it's going to do is modify values stored by the game in the computer's RAM.

Really, when it's all said and done, the program will be a trainer, similar to one you might use on a PC game or something.

Auto-detection may be a possibility, but there's also a chance it might not even be needed. And, thankfully, all memory values seem to be static with every time you load a game in the emulator. As a result, all I need to do is tell the tool which memory addresses to modify, and provide a button and shortcut key command for doing so, or an edit box to let the user define what they want the value set to...

... if you get what I mean! :doh:

Anyway, it'll be released within the next couple of weeks, so you can check it out soon enough.

OP
Xade

Xade

Irrelevant Insight
Yeah, it'll detect whether the process is currently running.

The problem will more than likely be that the two versions (1.0.0, 2064) run under slightly different process names (Ultra.exe, and UltraHLE.exe). Obviously this could probably be fixed with the user simply renaming their UHLE2064 exe, but it's an inconvienience.

My program will check that ULTRA.EXE is currently running, and if it is, the memory mods that it performs will work.

By the way, if any of you can help me out with my UHLE2064 problem, I'd appreciate it! (See other thread).

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Why not checking if the process Ultra.exe OR Ultrahle.exe is running ? This wayy there's no need to rename the exe...

Well for ur problem maybe you can copy a .sra file from pj64 to the save subdir and rename it to uhle standard...

But i can't understand what's the problem with your system. Which OS are u using ?

OP
Xade

Xade

Irrelevant Insight
Win98SE

It's really bizarre, and I don't get the error with the likes of Super Mario 64, only LoZOoT.

The rom isn't the problem, either, because it works brilliantly with UHLE 1.0.0. I just want to try out 2064 because of the improved graphics through plugins, but it just isn't happening.

I'm totally stuck here. By the way, searching for two processes would be risky, because should the user be running both versions at the same time... well, there'd be trouble. I'd imagine that this is why the developers of 2064 renamed it in the first place.

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
mario is not using sram. The message box you're seeing appear when the fopen function (in "r+b" mode) fail. As u can see it should always succeed unless there's some write protection. Do u have some .sra files in your save subdir ? Maybe we have missed something, can u try to remove all spaces in your paths (emu+roms) ?

OP
Xade

Xade

Irrelevant Insight
Success!

I went through everything that you mentioned there, Hacktarux, and the thing damned well worked!

I'm not sure what the hell specifically was the problem, but I do know that I didn't have any .sra files in my save directory, so I did as you said earlier and jammed one from PJ64 in there, renamed the boy, then went through all my emulation directories and cut the directory names down to single words (C:\Emulation\N64\UHLE2064...), then lastly I renamed all of my roms to one word too (SuperMario64.v64 etc).

One way or another the thing got past the spinning logo stage and loaded all the way! And the graphics are looking great, too!

The help was really appreciated, thanks a lot.

By the way, aprentice, I wasn't aware of XP's memory protection (though perhaps I should have been, seeing as its based a fair bit on the NT kernel).

I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do to sort that out, so at the moment it looks as if UltraControl will be for W95-ME users only. :nuke:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Xade said:
By the way, searching for two processes would be risky, because should the user be running both versions at the same time... well, there'd be trouble. I'd imagine that this is why the developers of 2064 renamed it in the first place.
Umm... *cough* why don't the applications just say "two ultrahle processes detected. Shutting down!"? You must think of everything to make a program stabile. *cough*

OP
Xade

Xade

Irrelevant Insight
Well yeah, I thought of that, but it's probably going to be the case that the memory addresses of functions in 1.0.0 and 2064 differ anyway, therefore rendering a program that attempts to change values in the same memory addresses for both programs useless, if you see what i mean.

I think the best option here is going to be to provide two programs with exactly the same functions, but specific for both 1.0.0 and 2064.

Incidentally, the functions of UltraControl are comming along nicely, and I've got about 12 mods working for the time being. I think I'll provide edit boxes to enable the user to set the specific amount of things like rupees that they require.

Any (feasible) suggestions for cheats to implement are welcome, by the way.