What's new

ultrahle2064 problemss

Armistad

Hey, i just downloaded ultrahle2064 hoping that i could play zelda on that without any bugs. I downloaded it and i used the directx 7 plugin for graphix, and internal sound. So i went an tried to load zelda: ocarina of time. The Nintendo 64 logo with the word "Nintendo" comes up, and then it freezes. This same thing happens with mario, have only tried those 2 games so far.

Could some1 tell me if im doing something wrong?? or if there is a better emulator out there to run zelda: ocarina of time??

I have a PIII 900 mhz, 8mb ATI Rage Mobility-M vid card, 2gb of free space, 192 ram, Direct-X 8.1, and Windows 98 Second edition

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

EDIT: Nevermind, i got the rom to work, now there is just one other problem, in Zelda, none of the text works, you cant read it, it just shows up in white squares sort of, the text is totally unreadable, you cant even make out any letters, if you know how to fix this please tell me

Last edited:

ComixManiac

You should try Project 64 if you want an alternative emu. With your specs the only limiting factor is your card (i think that your cpu is just fine even for Windows XP). Try it and see what frames you get:)

OP
A

Armistad

I tried PJ64 and it seems to run pretty slow on my computer, some people said that the minimum requirements for PJ64 required a 32mb vid card...but i dunno.

But for UltraHLE 2064 its not that the graphics are bad, its only the text that comes up, you cant read it all. This is while using the Ultrahle graphics plugin and the Direct X 7 thing under configure your graphics plugin. I tried using the OpenGL instead of the Direct X 7 one, in that version there are more graphics errors than when i use the Direct X 7, but the text does work.

And i would be willing to turn sound off if i could get the text to work.

Please help me out, been trying for like 2 weeks to get Zelda: Ocarina of Time to work

ComixManiac

If you are willing to play without sound then you can copy Jabo's graphics plugin in the plugins folder of Ultrahle 2064 and then choose it under the plugins. But playing zelda without sound it's not the best thing for this game! May i ask what frames did you get in Project 64? Because when i had Windows 98 i was getting full speed around 50 frames per second.

OP
A

Armistad

Comix: i was getting like 20 frames per second, and i think it is because of my video card, a 8mb Ati-Rage. And even on PJ64 the graphics were all messed up and i still couldnt see the text right.

Also i tried putting Jabo's D3D plugin version 1.4 into the plugins folder in UltraHLE 2064 and that just messed the graphics up more than when i ran it with the plugin that UltraHLE came with.

SO far the closest i have gotten to getting Zelda working properly was on UltraHLE 2064, the graphics were fine it was just that damn text. I have also tried running this on Corn and the same problem: each letter of the text was like a white block, could not read it. And i JUST tried running it on 1964, first i used the graphics plugin that it came with and the graphics were horrible, then i copied Jabos plugin into the plugin folder and the graphics were better but still pretty much unplayable.

Do you guys think all this is happening because of my 8mb vid card?? Are there ANY emulators out there that can run zelda with an 8mb ATI-rage vid card?

thanks for any help

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
vi/s is the number of vertical retrace interupt per second, but the n64 can't produce a frame on each vertical interupt that's why those numbers are differents.

Did u try jabo plugin with ultrahle2064 ?

It can probably be a problem with your video card, try different plugins to see which one work best with your computer (you can download most of them on emulation64.com)

Johann

Chankast rocks ^^
Some years ago I had an 8mb ATI Rage card and in UltraHLE i had the same problems. I remember that I solved it messing with the settings of a glide wrapper (XGL200). Try the Glide render of the X-Engine and download the wrapper XGL200.

OP
A

Armistad

Thanks Johann!

That fixed the problem with the text and running it with Glide is not having too many graphical errors. But now there are 2 small problems still :plain: ... using Glide makes it run real slow for me...around 10-12fps, i willl probably try playing without sound but i would like to have sound if i could.

The second problem is i cant get it to run in windw mode hehe....whats up with that

if u can tell me how to fix those 2 things ill be set

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
ComixManiac said:
Why? 1964 will be better only if it adds support for Jabo's sound plugin.

The reason its not supported is because of the Unstability it causes to the 1964 emulator, 1963 0.8.3c was made with getting it to work, but you know how that worked out, don't ya? Besides jabos audio plugin is not the ONLY sound plugin in the universe you know.

ComixManiac

I know but when your system has a CPU under 1GHz and Windows XP it's the only one that doesn't produce skips. So it's the only appropriate for me right now;)

cooliscoo

EmuTalk Member
ComixManiac said:
I know but when your system has a CPU under 1GHz and Windows XP it's the only one that doesn't produce skips. So it's the only appropriate for me right now;)

Jabo's audio actually takes alot more CPU power than azimer's due to it being LLE.

ComixManiac

Azimer's audio plugin requires a fast machine otherwise some skips or bad timing if you increase the buffer (it produces an echo) are unavoidable. Jabo's plugin although it takes more power doesn't need a very fast machine to produce acurrate sound. When i had Windows 98 in my system Project was running at full speed and the sound was perfect. With Azimer's plugin the sound was a little innacurrate. So Azimer's plugin requires a fast machine to reach the quality of Jabo's.

aprentice

UltraHLE 2064 runs full speed on my 600mhz pc using jabos gfx and ultrahle audio. It might be your gfx card that might be causing your slow downs. I dont think theres any n64 emulator right now that will work flawlessly with that card =p

Edit: Im using a gf3 ti200 (128mb ram) but it worked on my old v3 16mb of ram aswell.

OP
A

Armistad

Hey, how come i cant get UltraHLE 2064 to run in a window when i am using Glide?? WHen i configure the gfx plugin for OpenGL it will run in a window but my video card doesnt support OpenGL so there are lotsa gfx errors. If i run it in D3D it wont run in a window either.

I choose which resolution i want, but when i start the game, it immediately switches to full screen

If you know how to fix this it would help me...thanks

R

rico001

skips

If you want sound with little skips check out the post made with 1 reply. I don't know if the tweak will work for xp. Or if it doesn't already have it. I haven't tried zelda but You might want to try nemu64