What's new

Question about emu

XWA MAN

Do the fake emulators do any damage to computers?? Cuz i downloaded an xbox emu and it was instaling and stopped a 99%.Then setup froze and when i went to closed the menu had some weird programs running....when ever i'd close one wile my computer would freeze it would unfreeze. I think i had a virus!!

L

Lachp30

I think we have all learnt something from this guy. Do some research before you download any so called "emulator" And yes it can harm your computer if its a virus.

BadBillGate$

TFC Imperfect Master
always check the filesize when d/ling any prog. if its tiny then its not a top new ps2 or whatever emu but probably a bit ofnasty code thats there to trick you. malicious coding does tend to be very small.

Martin

Administrator
BadBillGate$ said:
always check the filesize when d/ling any prog. if its tiny then its not a top new ps2 or whatever emu but probably a bit ofnasty code thats there to trick you. malicious coding does tend to be very small.

True, and a good suggestion. Another good one is to check reputable emulation news sites (*hint hint* :p) if it's been reported - if not, it's probably not real.