What's new

Netplasy prob

PickleHead

With 1964 I wnated to play mario kart with my friend, we joined a server I hosted... I clicked start game but it said both of us dropped and the game starts in the background. He said nothing happened on his side... any help?

mastershay

Yeah I have the same problem. I was so excited when I found a N64 emulator with online support, but it looks as though it isn't quite finished. When I connect to a game, the game screen shows in the back and doesn't do anything, plus I can't even switch to it.

I'm suprised N64 online play isn't in demand. It has some of the best multiplayer games: Perfect Dark, Goldeneye, Mario Party, Mario Tennis, WWF No Mercy, Mario Kart, etc. Hopefullly something happens soon!

RedDwarf

I played in a LAN with a Voodoo3 (glide64) and Win98SE. Now I have a Radeon 8500 and XP and I can't play, the same problem.

Edit: Was a problem with the version. 0.73 works, but I think that it hangs after x time of play.

Last edited:
E

emuguy

i think i asked this question before, cant remember tho. but ill ask again anyway. i know that n64 netplay isnt really playable over the net, but i just wandered if it would be possible to play at good speeds one day, like a normal online pc game. is it slow cos it hasnt been coded properly? cos i read that the only info that needs to be sent to/recieved from other players is the controller inputs. this isnt a lot of info, so why so much lag? i just wanna play goldeneye online:S