What's new

New idea for GameCube development

DreamlanD

Was looking around on dextrose the other day and found a post about using the broadband adapter with Phantasy Star Online to load code on the GC. Apparently since that game downloads a lot of quests and other stuff from the servers Sega might have just made it download executable files sometimes. If this is true it would open up the possibility of intercepting the connection and loading homebrew code onto the console. I've never played PSO though so I don't know anything about the protocol. Anyone who does play PSO online care to comment? Do the quests make any huge changes to the game/take a while to download?

Just an idea, since the GC homebrew scene is practically nonexistent right now :getlost:

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
I'm pretty sure all it does is load raw code onto your memory card which the game can then decode and read as a quest, same as any game save.

No, it generally doesn't add much to the game, occasionally you'll get the odd new model or texture, but that's rare... the norm is just unique items and such, that can't normally be found.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
It's for Guild Quests, not mods.

Basically just little story-driven events that have pre-scripted area layouts and enemies, and sometimes AI helpers and stuff.

Some of them are very fun :)