What's new

Having some problems with Radiant Silvergun on Satourne.

Silvergun

'Lo people.

I've recently got my hands on 2 copies of Radiant Silvergun from 2 different people, and I have a problem with both of them. On a 2ghz P4, I can only get it to run at 20fps, and that's having followed the speed guide on this very forum. (Good job on that by the way.)

The other problem, is the random freezing I get. I've tried quite a bit to fix it and nothing works. I've tried running at full sh2 speed, tried not disabling any of the VDP2 stuff, and no matter what it freezes (freezes = all emulation stops, FPS counter goes wild) on the following times:

1. When I try exiting the option screen
2. When I try changing from Saturn mode to Arcade mode
3. When I get to the boss on the first level.

Any ideas on how on gods earth I can fix this, are welcome.

Another note, I know it's not the ISO files that are the problems. The people I got them from informed me that they worked as per usual on a chipped saturn. I'm running the latest dynarec release, albeit the french version if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance, sorry for the long post. :)

2fast4u

this may sound like a bitchy default answer, but from all i can tell the game isnt emulated properly yet. :plain: since i dont have a copy of radiant silvergun myself i cant test it. and since its indeed not confirmed working this comes to mind .. :(

OP
S

Silvergun

Not a problem. Thanks for the help anyway. :D

About 5 minutes after I posted that message I took a wild chance and tried SSF. It works faster due to the frameskip and absolutely perfectly, so it doesn't matter anyway. :)

Is SSF discontinued or what? Shame to see a brilliant emulator like that go down.

OP
S

Silvergun

NoOoOoOoOoOoOo!!!

Oh well, they did a good job of it whilst it lasted. :D

Roll on Satourne. :holiday: