What's new

Not exactly PJ64 related but...

archlyn

Okay, so I tried to install the 21.88 dets (nVidia Geforce 2 TI) on my comp and during install XP (professional corporate Build 2600) that the drivers arent digitally signed, and having no choice because I need the OpenGL support I go head and force it...

Much to my surprise my system now begins acting all funny (hangs then reboots apparently after any sort of 3D oriented operations) I've also tried the most recent version of the nVidia drivers (23.11) with no dice

Now if I let XP use it's default drivers it detects as a GeForce 2 64mg DDR (the box it came in says its a TI and thats what it is, I bought it from CompUSA, nVidia's drivers confirm this) and work fine, but w/o the OGL support, and thats what I want.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I've already tried reinstalling the drivers after deleting them from hardware manager

Eagle

aka Alshain
My TNT2 did this as well, I thought it was a TNT2 XP driver problem. What brand of Ti200 is it.

Eagle

aka Alshain
I'd use the 21.81 drivers, they are better anyway. If it is a PNY card, download the rare 21.88 drivers from PNY's website.

Eliminator

The Eliminator
I have a different problem with those detonator drivers. When I install them my D3D performance is horrible in some games and input lags in other D3D games, so I just stick with the drivers my video card came with. They are v6.31 and everything runs fine. But they're original from Asus, in other words not the detonator ones.:D

OP
A

archlyn

Eagle:

Yes this is a PNY card and I've already tried their 21.88s, same thing (I didn't make a bad choice in brand did I? Damn it. BTW Whats the difference between the PNY card and say the Xtacy [I think that was the other one I could have bought])

Also, the 21.81s (I have them) don't support my card (All I know is it's a GeForce 2 TI, otherwise I can't be much more specific than that

OP
A

archlyn

Here's the problem

While using the computer (usually having played a game but sometimes even without that) My computer will freeze (as if the OS has frozen), the mouse will work for a bit longer and then IT will freeze, and about 2 to 3 seconds later my computer beeps once (system beep ie not a windows sound) then reboots itself. Upon reboot windows says that the computer had to reboot due to a system error and that the display drivers were suspected

No, I don't get a BSoD at all in there...

Slougi

Do you have anything overclocked? Some mainboards have overheating protection that can go crazy sometimes. That would then be restarts and beeps.

EdgeBlade

Brandonn
Check out the "stay out of the loop" link I posted above, it sounds like the same probel, just read throught it. If noting there works, let me know, I have something else you can try afterwards

Eagle

aka Alshain
Yeah, to find out the details of the problem, you need to click the more info link after XP reboots after a crash.

OP
A

archlyn

Thanks alot!

Thanks guys! I'll try that stuff :/ BIOS tweaking... fuuuuun, always love that... ah well, thanks again!

OP
A

archlyn

*kills his old one* :p V3 3000 can bloody well kiss my ///ahem/// the problem has apparently gon POOF and all things are good

blizz

ah the old windows adage, problems solve themselves, and my voodoo 3 3000 does exactly what I ask of it :p

OP
A

archlyn

ah... but it doesn't fo it well enough for my tastes..but your tastes aren't mine... if you enjoy link in white clothing and a bright red sky then enjoy it :)

blizz

ah but I have a real N64, and my m8s PC ;)

besides I've got a P3 450 so PJ64 is too slow anyway.