What's new

Help a virgin N64 emulator operator

bh_superman

O.k. I get some error messages when I try to start P64 and I need some help please. I got three errors.
1st--->Direct3D faliled to initialize your HAL device make sure you have a properly configured 3D graphics card compatible with Direct 3D 6.0. What is a HAL device?
2nd---> The default or selected video plugin is missing or invalid. Check that you have at least one compatible plugin file in your plugin folder.
3rd---> This application has failed to start because oglide2x.dll was not found. Re-installing this application may fix this problem.

O.k. here's my computer stats.
HP Pavilon Intel Celeron 1200 MHz
1.20 GHz
128 MB Ram
I'm not sure what graphics card-- or how to find it---- its whatever came with the computer.

I would appreciate any help!!!! Thank you!!!

Trotterwatch

Find out the graphics card by going to:

start>run and type dxdiag
then go to the display tab, it will be there under adaptor I believe

Post the results.

If nothing happens when you type dxdiag and press enter, then that will be part of your problem (download Direct X 8 or 9)

OP
B

bh_superman

Question

Ya the DirectX Diagnostic Tool came up.

Heres' the notes: The file i81xdnt5.dll is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs. You may be able to get a signed driver from the manufacturer of the hardware device.
DirectDraw test results: All tests were successful.
Direct3D test results: All tests were successful. -- -I did 2 tests and the last two sentences came into being. The Chip is 82810 and the graphics controller is the same number followed with an "E". I have DirectX 8.1. Says approximate total memory is 4 MB....?--- in this display information.
My display is on 1024 X 768.

I got about 9 Gig harddrive space on my computer.

Thank you!

OP
B

bh_superman

o.k.--- are there any other emulators--- even one's that arn't as good that will work for what I got. How much would I be looking at money wise if I were to get the chip I need if I did want P64 to work--- and what would your recommend. Thank you

2 other options:

Use 1964 (= faster) with Icepir8's open gl 0.76cs plugin or the Glide64 plugin with evoodoo (glide wrapper).

OP
B

bh_superman

O.k.--> I used your suggestion and downloaded the Glide 64 plugin and the evoodoo plugin. I put the glide 64.dll, the glide 2x and 3x dll's in the plugins' folder. I assume the econtrol.exe is just for settings. I've set it to full screen mode. I also selected Glide64 0.2 as my video/graphics plugin. Ok when I go to start P64 the other error messages are gone. So, this fixed something. But it does show this error after I open the Rom MarioKart64:
1. Error: ucode crc not found in INI, using currently selected UCode and down below on the same message this ....
8805/fea
Anyway, after I click "ok" -- it says I should put it in full screen mode----> I thought the econtrol.exe had the fullscreen option for this..... Ok, so I play stupid and do what it tells me, which is press alt/enter to enter full screen mode.

ON Mariokart64 everything seems fine until the actual game starts, and then thers just colorful lines with music playing--> it does show the track and where I am on the left side and me and my opponents representing colored dots----- is this what I should expect from the evoodoo plugin???? or am I doing something wrong stiill? Thanks!

Trotterwatch

I always do it like this:

Glide64 in the plugins folder
Glide3x.dll and Econtrol in the root folder, ie:

C:/Programs/1964/Plugins - Glide64.dll
C:/Programs/1964 - Glide3x.dll Econtrol