What's new

My video plugin crashes my Windows 98SE, not Windows XP!

Rice

Emulator Developer
Anyone has similar experiences.

I have PIII-600, Geforce2 MX400, my video card driver is 28.32 (I guess). The same build (built under Windows XP) will work just fine on Windows XP, but will crash Windows 98SE to blue screen. It could be something related to linked library, video card driver, Windows system calls, threads, whatever,

anyone has some ideas?

GuestX

Do you have win98SE ?
hm..... i try look to test it somewhere.... (similar things happened by me)
maybe the plugin dosen't like his Author :p :p :p

ideas? hm.....

ShadowPrince

SculleatR said:
Do you have win98SE ?

ideas? hm.....

Bwahahahaha
I think the guy deserves to be unbanned :)

icepir8

SculleatR said:
Do you have win98SE ?

ideas? hm.....

Give him his own comedy channel. :p

Cyberman

Rice said:
Anyone has similar experiences.

I have PIII-600, Geforce2 MX400, my video card driver is 28.32 (I guess). The same build (built under Windows XP) will work just fine on Windows XP, but will crash Windows 98SE to blue screen. It could be something related to linked library, video card driver, Windows system calls, threads, whatever,

anyone has some ideas?

Hmm I've noticed there is a difference in DLL size if you build something under XP or win98SE ... which OS did you build the DLL under?

Cyb

Trotterwatch

Nope it works fine here. Specs in sig, latest dets.

Yeah but you're using XP.

I haven't got Win98se installed at the moment in order to test this, though I would have thought this problem would have been bought to your attention already if it were happening a lot to everyones computer.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Re: Re: My video plugin crashes my Windows 98SE, not Windows XP!

Cyberman said:
Hmm I've noticed there is a difference in DLL size if you build something under XP or win98SE ... which OS did you build the DLL under?

Cyb

I built it unde XP.

I actually had similar experiences with 1964 project, the 1964 I build under Win 98SE will work under Win 98SE, but the build from XP won't work for 98SE.

I forget what I did or Schibo did to solve that problem, or it just disappeared sometime later.

cooliscoo

EmuTalk Member
Trotterwatch said:
Yeah but you're using XP.

I haven't got Win98se installed at the moment in order to test this, though I would have thought this problem would have been bought to your attention already if it were happening a lot to everyones computer.

Oh. . sorry, i misunderstood what rice said. :blush:

cooliscoo

EmuTalk Member
Ok Rice i tried your plugin on my box running 98 (specs in sig all but video), using the Nvidia OGL portion, and got no problems besides some glitches that i expected to get. :)

Last edited:

schibo

Emulator Developer
Rice, it is likely a pointer problem. The old 1964 issue was in InitListViewItems() and took me a long time to find, but if you add assertion code or debug the source in 98 I think it shouldn't be hard to find the problem.