What's new

Jnes .50 Bug(s)

Gregory

Well, trying out the new Jnes, found one bug already, and it's a weird one, but that's normal for nes emus.

The controls for paperboy do not work. Here's what i've tried so far:

Goodnes verifyed: Yes
Tried using a diffrent emu with the same game: Works on other emus.
Switched from a usb controller to the keyboard (non-USB): Keyboard does not respond as well.
Tried other games on Jnes: about a dozen, and they all work.

Edit: Found another bug, didn't see anything in the readme on it, but basically I need to know where the gamelist that kaillera loads up is cached, you see if you add a new game after you've run it once, it doesn't show up on the list. I tried with two games, the open rom screen finds it, the game browser finds it, but kaillera does not. I believe emptying the Jnes Kaillera cache/reg files should fix that problem. I already tried removing the reg files and reinstalling jnes, that didn't work.

Edit2: Ok, found out the kaillera prob. Just changed the directory twice, it did fubar the alphabetical order of the gamelist, but that was explained in the readme so I withdrawl my kaillera problem.
Specs:

1.2GHz AMD Duron/MMX
64MB Nvidia GeForce 4 mx420
512MB DDR Ram
Windows98SE OS.

Last edited:

Nick_kidid0

Member since 2001
hmm.. i had no problem running Paperboy... Maybe its just you?
and the rom list for kailera has no problems for me..

OP
G

Gregory

Nick_kidid0 said:
hmm.. i had no problem running Paperboy... Maybe its just you?
and the rom list for kailera has no problems for me..

Do me a favor then, run goodnes renamer on your rom and tell me what file name it gives it.

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Gregory said:
Do me a favor then, run goodnes renamer on your rom and tell me what file name it gives it.
Why didnt you just say "I have used Goodnes [Version] & it has verifyed the name as"

then Nick_kidid0 or anyother user could have said "oh i see"
to what ever & could of helped/advised you a lot more quickly & would have been far more informed :)

Last edited:
OP
G

Gregory

The Gentleman said:
Why didnt you just say "I have used Goodnes [Version] & it has verifyed the name as"

then Nick_kidid0 or anyother user could have said "oh i see"
to what ever & could of helped/advised you a lot more quickly & would have been far more informed :)

Read my post. Read it carefully. You'll see that I used Goodnes, and I always use the latest version I can find because that's just common sense.

It's a very logical question if you think about it, he might have an overdump or hack that works with Jnes and just doesn't know it.

Oh, and by the way, I did go to other sites with the dump and checked them all as being Paperboy (U).nes with the same results.

Nick_kidid0

Member since 2001
i've had all 30 goodsets for about 2 years now :p I should know.

Paperboy (J)
Paperboy (U) [h1]
Paperboy (U) [o1]
Paperboy (U) [p1]
Paperboy (U) [p2]
Paperboy (U)

all ran fine

OP
G

Gregory

Nick_kidid0 said:
i've had all 30 goodsets for about 2 years now :p I should know.

Paperboy (J)
Paperboy (U) [h1]
Paperboy (U) [o1]
Paperboy (U) [p1]
Paperboy (U) [p2]
Paperboy (U)

all ran fine

Thanks for the speedy reply. I decided to download the rom confirmed as an overdump [o1] and it works fine.

Oh, if that's your complete set, then you might want to update your goodnes, your missing a couple, there are two [p1] roms now, one being a [o1], and there are two overdumps as well, should have eight paperboy roms in total with goodnes 1.01

So, problems solved, thanks.

OP
G

Gregory

Nick_kidid0 said:
well yea, but whats the point of playing a bad dump.. ?

I thought I just answered that, but i'll say it again.

the [o1] rom works, the perfect one does not. That is the point.

wouldn't be surprised if you got the latest version of goodnes and redid your roms that you might see a couple of changes.

But it is possible that there's an error in the latest goodnes, but I can't say for sure where the fault is, since the perfect rom according to 1.01 works on FceU without any problems.

Jabo

Emulator Developer
Just a quick follow up to let you guys know if you don't already, there is a problem with Paperboy, the old rom i had was a hack apparently, and someone recently dumped a new one, and I had to make some modifications after debugging the rom

that said, paperboy is fixed, the direct sound choppy sound when you toggle audio is fixed as well

i'm going to test kaillera soon and make sure that works, then maybe get a new version out like 0.5.1 or some crap, god i hate making releases :p

OP
G

Gregory

Jabo said:
Just a quick follow up to let you guys know if you don't already, there is a problem with Paperboy, the old rom i had was a hack apparently, and someone recently dumped a new one, and I had to make some modifications after debugging the rom

that said, paperboy is fixed, the direct sound choppy sound when you toggle audio is fixed as well

i'm going to test kaillera soon and make sure that works, then maybe get a new version out like 0.5.1 or some crap, god i hate making releases :p

Cool! I had a feeling something was fishy but didn't want to press the issue any further.

I also noticed some bass sounds missing from snake rattle and roll, you'll notice it most particularly at the bonus points screen, the sound doesn't kick in till it hits a certain pitch.