What's new

New to the scene, need you help

Rich_T

Hi all,

I've only just came across this great site, I never knew emulation was so popular :)

Well I want to get into emulation but I have a few questoins.

How diffrent is playing a game on a PC rather then Consol? Whats the advantages/disadvantages?

What consols are you able to emulate on your PC?

Thanks

Rich_T

Allnatural

Nearly every console and handheld in existence is emulated, as well as most arcade hardware. The exceptions of course are the most recent consoles (Xbox, PS2, Gamecube). There are some PS2 emulators available, but they don't run games, yet.

The advantage of emulation is generally better graphics, particularly with 3d games. Playing Super Mario 64 at 1280x960 is something very special for me.^_^ The only disadvantage IMO is compatibility. I can't think of a single emulator for any system that has 100% compatibility.

/moved

Last edited:
L

Lachp30

Rich_T said:
Hi all,

I've only just came across this great site, I never knew emulation was so popular :)

Well I want to get into emulation but I have a few questoins.

How diffrent is playing a game on a PC rather then Consol? Whats the advantages/disadvantages?

What consols are you able to emulate on your PC?

Thanks

Rich_T

It is very popular, but just remember that the roms are illegal.:plain:

Jaz

Ex-Mod
In some cases, consoles are emulated before they even come out!

/me thinks of the GBA..

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
Slougi said:
No, not all. There are several with severe bugs.
Which ones? The official Gens SegaCD compatibility list (which is actually oudated and for Gens 1.90) lists just seven games with bugs and none as unplayable.

Also, I've never seen anyone report a game as unplayable in NeoPop. In all of my testing (with a full GoodNGPx set) I haven't seen a single good ROM fail.

Care to point out a non-working game?