What's new

Multiplayer GBA Emulator's?

Vchat20

Has anyone even tryed to make a multiplayer enabled GBA emulator yet? I have tryed making one with V C++ myself, but have only been playing with V C++ for 1 1/2 weeks so far, so not much knowledge. Basically it was a copy of another emu (forgot the name) but I tryed to add the link capability. farthest I got was to the GBA logo on the joingin emu and the sound before it loads the game from host ROM. after that, it crashed on me. couldnt get any farther so scrapped the project. Dont think I have the file anymore, but if I do, I will try and post it here. But maybe if I could get this far someone else with more knowledge can surely get even farther!

cooliscoo

EmuTalk Member
Not possible. The GBA and the Link Game look for a specific latency/ping, and is capable of transfering data extremely fast. Read more Here.

Last edited:
OP
Vchat20

Vchat20

Why is it that the GBA needs perfect 115KBPS and 0 sec ping? The only thing I would see that needs that much is the 1 game for 4 GBA's feature, but those games you can play with 1 game pak for each also. Anyway's, only thing I could see that would possibly work is either a direct connection from PC to PC via Serial or LPT port, or some kinda link between PC and GBA.

IceLord

im pretty sure that you have to get the gameboy advace synced perfectly (like up to the last microsecond) or you would loose the connection

OP
Vchat20

Vchat20

but why is that? well, maybe when (and if) they add bluetooth to the GBA it will be more possible to emulate linking on GBA.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
I'm guessing it uses sync connection (not async) as it's faster and since a link cable is not long, it doesn't need async as far as i can see.
People tend to use sync when async isn't needed.

OP
Vchat20

Vchat20

but that is what bugs me. why would a GBA need such a perfect link connection when the GBC didnt? that just bugs me so much! >_<

OP
Vchat20

Vchat20

Well, Like I said before. wait till they implement Bluetooth and link emulation will be more possible. maybe this would be different in the new GBA SP? that would be something to look at.

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Vchat20 said:
Well, Like I said before. wait till they implement Bluetooth and link emulation will be more possible. maybe this would be different in the new GBA SP? that would be something to look at.

My phone has Bluetooth. :happy:

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Couldn't 0 ping / 115Kbit be simulated on a single system, if it was powerful enough to run two GBA's at once?

Also couldn't it in theory be done over a point-to-point LAN?

OP
Vchat20

Vchat20

Tagrineth said:
Couldn't 0 ping / 115Kbit be simulated on a single system, if it was powerful enough to run two GBA's at once?

Also couldn't it in theory be done over a point-to-point LAN?

It is possible to do on a single system. but for LAN's, there is still a slight bit of lag.

E

emuguy

so there is a game boy color emu that can handle netplay? i just wanna play pokemon battles online:blush:

OP
Vchat20

Vchat20

Yes ther is. it is called TGB Dual. if you want to, we can battle, I have a couple GBC pokemon games I play alot.

E

emuguy

ok, but ive havnt got any pokemon. i havnt started the game yet hehe.