What's new

mupen on linux

richardonl

ive got mupen working on my mandrake 8.1 sys (and its the only one) speed was slow but got faster during the game to bad the keys for moving the car (mario kart) didn't work does somebody have an awnser for that?????

:n64:

greetz RonL

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
I didn't know about this problem, could u describe exactly when it happens and how can i reproduce this so that i check if it's still there in next release ? ;)

OP
R

richardonl

ok i start mupen then mario cart starts

settings are: cpu core on pure interpreter
gfx plugin on 2 - new tr64 opengl v0.7.1-beta
Ucode on 1 - ex. Mario Kart

then i get the startup screen from mario kart and i can select start and select my player etc......
then the game starts but the only key that works is the jump key and enter for pause thats it

some sys specs maybe its usefull:
mandrake 8.1
p3 600
creative soundblaster live
creative ultra tnt2
256 mb ram

sound is also not availeble (not a very big problem)

greetz RonL

OP
R

richardonl

to bad

i've downloaded the input file 0.0.4 file but i did not work the way i wished for
now it says plugin the controller and power on again
any clues???

greetz RonL

ps sorry for al the questions but im still a niewbie on linux
still im trying to learn

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Did u try to configure the plugin correctly ?
You have to choose which controller you want to plug into the n64 and if the controller pack is present or not, you also have to configure which keys you want to use...

OP
R

richardonl

yes i did and no luck
still the same question
im trying to get the side winder joystick to work maybe ill be lucky then

greetz RonL

dmind

Im thinking about

Im thinking about building a mediabox based on gentoo, with a nvidia tnt1 card (nvidia drivers) and a really fast cpu.
i have a direct pad pro (psx) controller attached to the printer port. can i use it with mupen?

do you think that i can get it working?
in that case, think i gonna make a plugin for mupen64 to mythtv.org

im gonna try anyway! =P

Best regards Daniel, sweden.

Last edited:

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
yea that's prolly possible, feel free to ask if u have any problem with the plugin programming :)

Gaenya

Re: Im thinking about

dmind said:
Im thinking about building a mediabox based on gentoo, with a nvidia tnt1 card (nvidia drivers) and a really fast cpu.
i have a direct pad pro (psx) controller attached to the printer port. can i use it with mupen?

do you think that i can get it working?
in that case, think i gonna make a plugin for mupen64 to mythtv.org

im gonna try anyway! =P

Best regards Daniel, sweden.
The direct pad works pretty good with linux, just do a modprobe gamecon gc=0,7 for it to detect the controller

MrMorose

Something in the same veign..

I own a Hammerhead FX joypad. Unfortunatly I can not seem to calibrate the bugger. Whenever I try to set any button, it automagically sets it to "X Axis -".. not the most useful. I've tried to calibrate it using jscalibrator but those settings do not seem to be used.

Any ideas?