What's new

n64 Op codes

doggie

Banned
hey,

does anyone here have a complete list of opcodes/values for n64 emulation? thanx in advance

OP
doggie

doggie

Banned
ermm.. do i have to remind you of the topic? its says does anyone have a complete list of opcodes.. don't need stupid comments..

icepir8

doggie said:
hey,

does anyone here have a complete list of opcodes/values for n64 emulation? thanx in advance

try searching at dextrose.com, they have a lot of info on programming the N64. I hope this helps.

Rice

Emulator Developer
The r4300i manual has the complete list of its opcodes. Is it what you wanted?

GuestX

Rice said:
The r4300i manual has the complete list of its opcodes. Is it what you wanted?

Yes, but i think he means how to define them.

doggie: if you're looking how to define them you can
take a look at opensource n64 emulators.

Cyberman

doggie said:
thanx but that doesn't cover on wat i want.. way technical and doesn't contain a list with the opcodes.
depending on what you are planing on doing you may be begging for this information later ;)

you have the R4300i and then you have the custom opcodes for the N64 reality engine and sound fun. (gee there is a pattern for this.. SEE GAME CUBE!).

The reason Nintendo picked the MIPS is because it allows for a lot of customization of the opcodes easily. That's what they Playstation was a MIPS as well (See GTE code).

Anyhow, I believe the one thing you'll need for graphics is a header file that defines how the opcodes are constructed for rendering (lots of fun there).

Cyb - also grab SPIM off the internet it's a MIPS R3000 simulator (maybe R4000 too).

Trotterwatch

doggie, out of interest, what level of programming skills do you already possess? Is this your first Emulation project or have you done others in the past?

OP
doggie

doggie

Banned
umm.. first emulation attempt.. i have average C++ skills.. but is still doing lessons to improve.. :blush: