What's new

2064 and Glide wrappers?

zAlbee

Keeper of The Iron Tail
has anyone been able to use ultra 2064 with glide wrappers? i thought i'd try it since xengine DX still crashes for me. i replaced the glide2x.dll with those from evoodoo and XGL200, but i get nothing but "Ultrahle.exe has performed an illegal operation."

hmm... i suppose this new fangled xengine thing has something to with it...

zorbid

I've tried the glide mode of the Xengine successfully with OpenGlide (a glide to OpenGL wrapper, get version _009RC3 here: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=18883). I haven't tested any other wrapper so far.

You'll have to edit the openglid.ini to make it work properly. Here is mine, that works properly on my PC (check my signature). It has been generated by an older version of the wrapper, so it may not be compatible with the current version, don't copy/paste it, use it as a model.
Code:
Configuration File for OpenGLide

Version=Version0.09a3

[Options]
CreateWindow=0
InitFullScreen=1
EnableMipMaps=0
IgnorePaletteChange=0
Wrap565to5551=0
EnableFog=1
EnablePrecisionFix=1
EnableMultiTextureEXT=1
EnablePaletteEXT=1
EnableVertexArrayEXT=0
EnableFogCoordEXT=1
TextureMemorySize=16
WrapperPriority=2
FrameBufferMemorySize=8

I'm almost sure it wasn't with UHLE 2064, because I've tested the Xengine with PJ64 and 1964, much more than with the UHLE core.

Last edited:
OP
zAlbee

zAlbee

Keeper of The Iron Tail
no dice

i get the same error with that wrapper (i generated my own ini from the configurator).

actually that wrapper also crashes in original ultra. but in original ultra, i've gotten XGL200 and evoodoo to work. there must be some conflict between 2064 and my configuration...

Dominator

Eh .. Why using UHLE 2064 with a wrapper guys? Xengines covers glide, D3D and OGL (just configure it). In case it is not enough, you can switch to another plugin.

Just curious.

OP
zAlbee

zAlbee

Keeper of The Iron Tail
cause i get crashes/errors with Xengine... <a href=http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10577>documented the problem here</a>

zorbid

Eh .. Why using UHLE 2064 with a wrapper guys? Xengines covers glide, D3D and OGL (just configure it). In case it is not enough, you can switch to another plugin.
To test the wrapper :p

An also to see if some graphic errors are due to a specific API (in harvest moon, OpenGL != (Glide=D3D) for example).

Last edited:

aprentice

We arent interested in bug reports from people who use glide on a non glide video card :p The point of the plugin system was to give people the ability to use another plugin if there is a problem with one. Have fun!

OP
zAlbee

zAlbee

Keeper of The Iron Tail
That's true, but I'm more interested in helping you guys improve upon Xengine's compatibility. =)

Trying out the glide wrappers was just a last resort to try and get it to work. :) But surely the crash info could help...

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Isn't the point besides that, that glide & wrapper should also work? Ie, glide64, a very popular plugin for voodoos?

Dominator

Isn't the point besides that, that glide & wrapper should also work? Ie, glide64, a very popular plugin for voodoos?

Well, as you say Doomulation, Glide64 is a popular plugin for voodoos. And voodoo users don't need no glide wrapper for it.

But the Xengine plugin is Glide/Ogl/D3D compliant. The use of a glide wrapper won't help us and is really not recommended with the Xengine. The Xengine Glide mode is surely hard enough to debug with all the various 3dfx cards and drivers without adding some glide wrappers parameters.

Now, if you're a non voodoo user and wanna test Glide64, I can obviously understand the logical fact that you are going through a glide wrapper. Glide64 is surely one of the best video plugins available and we'd like to see it working at 100% with UHLE 2064.