What's new

zelda games really slow

Steve-O

when ever i play it's really slow i have it one direct 3dhall but i'm trying to use the other one but i need to have higher fps to use it so how do i get higher fps?

OP
S

Steve-O

heh sorry

full info i just now got from my mom:

500 mhz athelon

255.mb ram

40gig hd

3dfx voodoo 3 3000 w tvout, agp

ess allegro-1 device manager
ess allegro-1 dos emulation
ess allegro-1 pci audiodrive

milen

To get full use this plugins:
- Glide64 0.30( 0.253 is faster)
- Azimer Sound Plugin 0.30
- the input plugin isn't important for speed

You can uncheck limt speed option but than the game may runtoo fast even on your cpu.

In fact 95% of supported games run full speed on 700mhz CPU (P3,Athlon,Duron) with glide64 plugin.

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
milen said:

- Glide64 0.30( 0.253 is faster)

You can still use 0.3 just as fast as 0.253, Just uncheck Autodetect uCode after your start running the rom. 0.3 detects uCode every frame :blush:

Doomulation said:
AMD is in no way slower than intel, that's bullshit. Don't come telling that.

Some (99,9 % aren't) programs are optimized for sse or mmx. And the n64-emu pj64 is one of these. Read the reamde (600 mhz intel or 700 mhz amd)!

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
mightyrocket said:
Some (99,9 % aren't) programs are optimized for sse or mmx. And the n64-emu pj64 is one of these. Read the reamde (600 mhz intel or 700 mhz amd)!

All amd processors from the original K6 era have MMX. MMX is only Integer SIMD, so it has little effect on 3D processing. The emu is also optimized for 3Dnow! which is floating point SIMD, just like SSE, just not as "mature". His K7 (athlon) has 3Dnow! Pro, which is even more impressive than SSE, sadly PJ64 makes no use of its added instructions. :plain:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Bullshit! Bull-fucking-shit! And it applies to the plugin. Btw, you did know that an amd processor running @ 500 mhz is faster than a p2 500 mhz processor?

You can use other plugins as well, which can absorb the power of 3DNow!