What's new

MMMmmm... Just a thought....

garfield

Since Dave2001 :inlove: is no longer coding his gfx plugin (glide64) do you think he would mind if it was included as the glide section of the XEngine plugin?

I am not a coder but i would guess that this would save the coders a TRUCK-LOAD of KLOC's (hehe , good ol' big blue!!!):geek:

Glide 64 is in a very advanced state and has practically been abandoned by its original author.

Just a thought ......

COMMENCE THE FLAMES!!!! :ermm:

straight

Sayargh said:
doesn't glide64 work on ultrahle 2064 anyway? just copy it to your plugins dir.

I don't think it works yet. Has anybody got Glide64 working with UltraHLE 2064?

thumperward

do you think he would mind if it was included as the glide section of the XEngine plugin?

You'd need specific permission from him to release under a separate license; Glide64 is GPLed, so anything based on its source has to be GPL as well.

- Chris

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
guys that's crazy, xengine isn't a collection of zilmar specs plugins... It's a specific api to render by an external dll what is produced by the uhle plugin. So it doesn't make sense to include glide64 in xengine but yea let us know if there's some bugs with glide64 ;)

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
I think he means to use the code for glide64 in use in the glide xengine plugin, instead of the regular glide code.

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
thumperward said:
You'd need specific permission from him to release under a separate license; Glide64 is GPLed, so anything based on its source has to be GPL as well.

- Chris

No it's not. Dave2001 basically said do whatever you want, just please give me credit.

As for Glide64 w/ UltraHLE, I cannot get v0.3 to work at all. I just get a blank screen. Sound, but no gfx. I haven't tried any older versions.

straight

reapern66 said:
Upgrade to the latest glide2x.dll and glide3x.dll

I've tried this and I must be doing something wrong.

1. Which ones do you consider the latest?

2. Do you install them to the UltraHLE directory, the plugins directory, or just in your Windows System folder?

3. I see you've got Windows2000. Is Glide64/UltraHLE2064 known to work with Windows98?

(I apologize if this has been hashed out elsewhere...I tried searching and particularly read through the plugins thread...)