What's new

Graphic Problems with F Zero X vehicles

petrafan007

For some reason, the graphics for the cars, vehicles, hovercrafts, or whateve ya call those fast flying machines are messed up. All I see is mostly black adn some other basic colors. It's not really glossy and colorful like everything else. Does anyone know what would cause that and how do I fix it?

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Easy, switch video plugins.

Jeeze, this problem is even in the MAIN bloody WINDOW of PJ64... notice under known issues (default plugin) it says (/vehicle colour)? Gah... use yer eyes... plz...

GLide64 makes the colours right but the highlights aren't there on my X-24. Oh well...

EDIT: Added: My 64th post! WOOHOO! Love them fun milestones. :)

nycbeatatl

Lives in ATL, longs for NYC.
First tell us your specs, then check the rom with GoodN64.
Also tell us your plugins.

OP
P

petrafan007

i just looked at it and...

BS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why are the cars black?
Your video card does not meet the minimum requirements (see User Manual).

Yeah right I have a Geforce 400 64mb video card...that must be good for something.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Re: i just looked at it and...

petrafan007 said:
Why are the cars black?
Your video card does not meet the minimum requirements (see User Manual).

Well, for one thing, a GeForce 400 -> GeForce2 MX400. GeForce1's were 'GeForce256'. :)

For another, even GF2 doesn't support a few blend modes.

Maybe in Jabo's 1.5 the issue is fixed using a new blend mode? I dunno, I can't use PJ 1.5, but in the last beta on my Kyro II (which supports the grand majority of DX blends), vehicles are still black. GLide64 shows the colours but not the specular highlights on my Voodoo2 SLI...

Emu_Lover

I have a Geforce 2 and the cars are still black. Can anyone show me how to config my Jabo 1.5 plugin so the cars are colored correctly?